IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New FWIW, I know you can't do that in Access
It won't allow ordering by an aggregate value. You'd have to either use a stored query, or build a new intermediate table. Other DB's, I am sure, are more powerful and will do what drew et al say they will.
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Uh, how about an Access Query based on an Access query?
Do one query that generates the sums, etc. Then a second query based on the first that groups them. Access queries can be based on another Access query. Quite a useful thing to do in Access.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New That's kinda what I meant by intermediate table
whether that's recalced on the fly with a second query or INSERT INTO doesn't matter much to me
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
     How to build this SQL statement? - (inthane-chan) - (11)
         Possible answer, not tested - (drewk) - (5)
             That's the real problem... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 Uh yeah? - (nking)
                 I'll try to try it when I get home - (drewk)
             Looks right to me - (SpiceWare)
             Oughta work in Oracle, anyway, AFAIK. -NT - (CRConrad)
         FWIW, I know you can't do that in Access - (tseliot) - (2)
             Uh, how about an Access Query based on an Access query? - (nking) - (1)
                 That's kinda what I meant by intermediate table - (tseliot)
         Here's one way - (rickw)
         Subqueries - (ChrisR)

It was April the 41st. Being a quadruple leapyear, I was driving in downtown Atlantis. My Barracuda was in the shop, so I was in a rented Stingray... and it was overheating.
44 ms