IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I suspect that the real problem with both the games you
Not having played Morrowind (but played Daggerfall many, many years ago, which is a precursor to it), but understanding the basic engine/approach behind it, I feel compelled to mention that it has very little affect upon the overall RPG market, especially the "hard-core" RPG market (assuming we're all talking about CRPGs, and not paper/pen). In fact, I consider it more of a yawn. It certainly didn't have the effect that the original Baldur's Gate (and all the other ones that leveraged its engine) had.

I've not played Dark Alliance, but that's only because it's a console game, and I only do PC games (where both Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II were fantastic games).

Morrowind's main claim to fame is its size and non-linearity. However, its engine prevents it from being taken seriously by many hard-core RPGers (at least, those that I know).

I expect that Dark Alliance didn't turn out so well because it was the offshoot of a PC game that was being leveraged into consoles (which, regardless of which way you go, doesn't tend to work well, for various reasons).

Dan
My Blog: dshellman.blogspot.com
New Re: I suspect that the real problem with both the games you
I expect that Dark Alliance didn't turn out so well because it was the offshoot of a PC game that was being leveraged into consoles (which, regardless of which way you go, doesn't tend to work well, for various reasons).

Dark Alliance is only loosly related to Baldur's Gate at best. I believe the two games share some graphic engine code, but that is it. Dark Alliances game mechanics have almost nothing in common with D&D and are thus quite different then Baldur's Gate. The controls in Dark Alliance are pure console.

The first Dark Alliance was a good game. It was one of the better single character action RPG games.

Jay
     Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
         I suspect that the real problem with both the games you - (jake123) - (4)
             In what way? -NT - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 as was said below - (jake123)
             Re: I suspect that the real problem with both the games you - (dshellman) - (1)
                 Re: I suspect that the real problem with both the games you - (JayMehaffey)

'Cause the music rules.
59 ms