IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New not tired, tunnel vision and carbon monoxide poisoning
When you are driving alertly for several hours and you are not moving, carbon monoxide levels build and you start yawning to increase oxygen levels. Several hours of the 4 point stare, road, instrunments, mirrors, road tends to create tunnel vision which causes involuntary eye heaviness. You are not tired at this point. Eating crunchy things concentrates the brain away from the eyes. It also interupts the previous slack breathing patterns which replenishes the oxygen in the brain. Good to go for anothr period of time.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Not according to my defensive driving course
That recommended that in every hour of driving you should stop, get out of the car, and walk around it.

While sitting you have no idea how you're doing. How often have you had the experience of not realizing that you need to go to the bathroom until you stand up? Furthermore when something impairs your ability to think, the first thing to go is your ability to judge how impaired you are. Hourly breaks not only are good for your mental health, they also give you a chance to judge how you're doing.

Sure, with a couple of tricks you can sit and drive for a lot longer. But you're not safe.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Hmmm 1 hr, eh?
Last couple of times I drove up from the Mighty Red State of Georgia, I would get out every 2 hrs. Next time, hourly! Thanks for the tip...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New good thing you dont get paid by the mile :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New only a 4 point stare?
Blimey.

I don't stare, I scan.

Instruments, road immediately in front, sweep to horizon, left mirror, road in front, sweep to horizon, right mirror (avoids having to tell the biker that "sorry mate, I didn't see you"), road in front, sweep to horizon, rear mirror.

Should take no more than 10 seconds.

If you're feeling tired and *cannot* stop, commentate the drive to yourself a la IAM standards.

"Maintaining speed of XX miles per hour, silver Mondeo approaching rear, junction with traffic lights ahead, filter lane may mean split priorities, cyclist ahead so I need to pull out, mirror and shoulder check beforehand, indicate yadda yadda"

Or you could stop, get out, walk around, take a piss and stretch your legs.

Or, instead, you could eat crunchy things.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Pork rinds are crunchy
Hey, if the accident won't get you, your coronary will.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New scan, how does a scanner help you stare at anything?
New Ever wondered where that got its name from, what it *means*?
New from the fax machine, where else?
     Shitake stems are tough! - (broomberg) - (29)
         Ya, dey be tough . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (28)
             Chewy people - (bionerd) - (27)
                 long distance driving trick - (boxley) - (26)
                     Yep, food is good for staying awake while driving. - (admin) - (1)
                         Crunchy food is alerting - (bionerd)
                     When you're tired, stop. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                         Well, there's no sport in that. -NT - (bionerd)
                         I think that may be what happens to me in meetings :-( -NT - (CRConrad)
                         not tired, tunnel vision and carbon monoxide poisoning - (boxley) - (8)
                             Not according to my defensive driving course - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Hmmm 1 hr, eh? - (imric)
                                 good thing you dont get paid by the mile :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             only a 4 point stare? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Pork rinds are crunchy - (jake123)
                                 scan, how does a scanner help you stare at anything? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Ever wondered where that got its name from, what it *means*? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         from the fax machine, where else? -NT - (boxley)
                     That's what beef jerky is for. -NT - (Yendor)
                     I sing - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                         The Doobie Brothers? - (bionerd) - (9)
                             One of the best bands evah. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                 I saw them in concert in Dallas in 1982 - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                     Saw them in Kingston a couple of years ago - (jake123)
                                 Aye, in my top ten for sure. -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (5)
                                     I never cared for them - (bionerd) - (4)
                                         Which one? - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                                             Michael McDonald, for sure. - (bionerd) - (1)
                                                 he's defintely my least favorite -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                             M McD ruined them, IMHO. -NT - (Another Scott)

Escape from the prison planet.
69 ms