IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Take a ride...
...across the river to East St Louis. See what happens when you give up and move everything out. The only thing you leave are poor people that you've just made poorer.

Take away the sports franchises and the (albeit limited) arts venues...there's no reason for anyone in the burb's to come into the city and spend money...so look across the river and ask yourself if you want that to spread west.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New We already have that
it is just that the city is in denial. We already have gangs, and drug dealers, and broken down housing, and all of that other stuff. Only difference we have is that the City Police are only interested in giving out parking tickets, traffic tickets, harassing the street vendors over licenses, etc than cleaning out the filth of the city. A friend of mine got mugged three times in a row, one of them a Police officer was nearby and did nothing.

Downtown buildings are already falling apart and they don't enforce the building codes, as a result we have a lot of slum-lord/ladies that charge high rent for shabby apartments. Trust me, I used to live downtown in my college years from 1987-1989. The cockroaches only got "high" on Camicide and Bugbombs. One business I worked for, paid me with personal checks from the owner. When I asked for a W2 form, he just laughed, then I was let go. No record of me ever working there according to the state. But they get away with it.

I ask again, how much of the income that the ballparks make do the taxpayers see? Explain cities like St. Charles, or Imperial that still thrive despite not having ballparks, and being very far away from said city ballparks?

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
     Has Professional Wrestling lost its appeal? - (nking) - (16)
         Did it ever have any to lose? -NT - (Meerkat)
         My heart bleeds for that "sport" - (wharris2)
         Re: Has Professional Wrestling lost its appeal? - (pwhysall)
         Someone is pulling your chain Norm - (boxley)
         Since you dont get UPN - (boxley) - (1)
             Now that is funny - (nking)
         ITS FOOTBALL SEASON!!! (American Football for the "worldly") - (bepatient) - (9)
             Bucs got yer ass and what about them Jets? btw how the freak - (boxley) - (1)
                 I already have my t-shirt - (bepatient)
             Rabbit Season, Duck Season, Rabbit Season, Elmer Season! - (nking) - (6)
                 But.. - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Then let them get a business loan - (nking) - (4)
                         You have a local income tax? - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Yes we do have a local income tax - (nking) - (2)
                                 Take a ride... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     We already have that - (nking)

Naive is one word for it.
49 ms