IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I cannot FSCKING WAIT until they kill drive letters...
...once and for all.

I'll be right there to dance on the graves, and when I'm done, I'll get stinking drunk and piss all over their rotting corpses.

/me has had to fix too many drive mapping issues where USB thumb drives and cameras get overrun by too-low network drive mappings... :HATE:
When somebody asks you to trade your freedom for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New I agree.
Drive letters can be good when *you* control them. They are not good when *something else* controls them.

Wade, MS-DOS command line jockey from way-back.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
New In this respect I still miss my Amiga!
Drive Aliases are wonderful things. My Hard Drive was always HD0: but I could also call it MEERKATHD: If I wanted. And I could have an alias for GAMES: that pointed to HD0:/games or whatever.

The bit I always thought was cool, though, was the volume name on floppies. You didn't have to reference a particular drive, you referenced the disk - and whichever drive had the disk would get to work. Or it'd ask you to insert the disk.

Not exactly revolutionary, but 20 years on, still way ahead of Windows. Go figure.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New I heard the old TI-99/4A had something like that.
Although you could refer to the first diskette drive as DSK1. you could also refer to DSK.NAME. and it would search all drives for the named disk. It couldn't ask you to insert it, though.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
New In Soviet Russia, drive letters control YOU.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New *THAT* hangover won't happen for a while
Longhorn aka Vista still has them although they're more obnoxious to get at. That's not going to really be out for years and retirement is at least 5 after that, if not more.
On the other paw, Vista might just be so disgusting that people will invest in the time and resources to get other OS. I certainly think it's the occasion for a vomit festival.
But that's just me...
New Vista is truly ghastly.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
     I cannot FSCKING WAIT until they kill drive letters... - (inthane-chan) - (6)
         I agree. - (static) - (3)
             In this respect I still miss my Amiga! - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 I heard the old TI-99/4A had something like that. - (static)
             In Soviet Russia, drive letters control YOU. -NT - (admin)
         *THAT* hangover won't happen for a while - (hnick) - (1)
             Vista is truly ghastly. -NT - (pwhysall)

One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one. Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out!
42 ms