IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If MSFT thinks it's fair they spend $1 billion on schools ..
... as part of fair retribution for their crimes, maybe they should be forced to spend that billion or so on PC's equipped with only Linux and Apple OSes?

Wouldn't that be fair for all parties, especially consumers and school kids?

I doubt MSFT would think so, but no problem if it's Windows being forced on these poor kids.
New A billion my ascii
Remember, most of that billion is Microsoft Software.

They give a school ten copies of Microsoft Office. Voila! They've just "given" them $3500! (for CD's that can be mass-produced for pennies a copy.)

Actual Microsoft donation: two or three dollars. Oh, what the hell, add in another hundred dollars for shipping and handling. Maybe another five hundred for record keeping. Total actual cost: $603. Alleged donation: $3500.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New That's why this seemed like such a farce.
I just glad the Judge wasn't fooled. Whew!
New Screw that
lets make one billion US Legal Tender Dollar Bills to be earmarked and used only for teacher's salaries.

This is supposed to help education, right?

Little side note - on of the uncles bought my kid an "IntelliTable" from Fischer Price that includes "Microsoft Smart Technology". Its basically a big round plastic table with an electronic "See and Say" sized round top element with some colored lights and brightly colored buttons of various shapes. The included ad copy implies that this gadget will "teach" my kid numbers, opposites, animals, letters, and a bunch of other stuff. As far as I can tell, it simply plays random sound samples and light patterns in response to arbitrary stimulation. There's no teaching at all to the thing. Marketing crap again.

Fortunately, my kid is smarter than the gadget. She has found she can remove the electronic part, wing it across the room, then play with the big waist high container which she likes to fill up with legos and other plastic toys. I just fell over laughing at her get disgusted with the "smart technology". I think she's going to be really smart. I might be a little biased though.
The average hunter gatherer works 20 hours a week.
The average farmer works 40 hours a week.
The average programmer works 60 hours a week.
What the hell are we thinking?
     Judge tosses Microsoft schools settlement - (brettj) - (4)
         If MSFT thinks it's fair they spend $1 billion on schools .. - (brettj) - (3)
             A billion my ascii - (wharris2) - (1)
                 That's why this seemed like such a farce. - (brettj)
             Screw that - (tuberculosis)

5. Baige.
35 ms