IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Need recommendation for email support software/documentation
I'm working on re-doing the email support system for my new employer. One part involves providing canned descriptions of how to do things on the web; things that shouldn't really be our problem, but since we do a web-based business people ask us anyway. Things like: "What's a URL?" "What's a browser?" "How do I clear cookies?" Does anyone keep a good, up-to-date selection of this kind of stuff? If not, I may have to start a SourceForge project for it.

Second, we are using Kana email response software. The idea is that you set up various incoming queues, route messages based on rules, and offer categories of canned responses for Customer Service Reps to choose from, or write their own answer. Last night, I managed to crash the system due to a bug in the management portion. (They aren't blaming me, thank gawd.)

The functionality and reporting are pretty comprehensive, but robustness and scalability don't seem to be that great. I don't want to recommend a switch just for the hell of it, but they've only been using the system for 1-2 months, so I don't know how wedded they are to it. But a transfer would have to be well-nigh seamless.

Any suggestions?
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New What process did they use to get the one they have?
What else did they look at? Why did they pick that one? It will save you some steps.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New Good idea, I'll check
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
     Need recommendation for email support software/documentation - (drewk) - (2)
         What process did they use to get the one they have? - (boxley) - (1)
             Good idea, I'll check -NT - (drewk)

Misdirection!
31 ms