IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah - it's gotten a lot of comments,
ranging from amused that MS is wasting money by advertising there, to annoyance at having to see that crock there all time, to anger that Linuxtoday is facilitating MS marketing/deceit.

I'm kinda in the first camp.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Not amusing, but not something to get angry about.
Linux sites need money and that's not easy to squeeze out of "Free Software" enthusiasts (and a large number of Linux businesses are run by enthusiasts).

Microsoft has a definite interest in keeping their name on Linux sites that may be visited by non-enthusiasts thinking of defecting - it gives them greater credibility in the Windows / Linux controversy.

In my opinion Microsoft is not wasting their money and the sites are not betraying the community - they're getting the money they need to serve that community.

In the end this levels the playing field just a bit so both sides have to compete more on value in each others camps.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Anyone notice? - (admin) - (11)
         It's been that way for many months. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yeah - it's gotten a lot of comments, - (imric) - (1)
             Not amusing, but not something to get angry about. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Nope. What's a sponsor? - (drewk) - (7)
             What's a "Provixy"? ;-) -NT - (Yendor) - (3)
                 I have no idea what you're talking about -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                     Re: I have no idea what you're talking about - (Yendor) - (1)
                         That's no bluff ... that's a lie - (drewk)
             It's text, not image. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                 Oh, that thing - (drewk)
                 The part that has the "Sponsered By" is an image - (SpiceWare)

My other car is an LRPD.
59 ms