IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So what do you think back-ends will be written in?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New SmallTALK. Duh.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Trend puts the lie
to the dogma propagated by the C++ now Java people that statically type checked strictly compiled languages with lots of boilerplate code are required to get reliability and performance.

Dynamic languages are more productive - that's the reason all the innovation is happening over there.

Java is a fairly specialized tool in that it only allows one kind of brute force programming approach to all problems. Yet its type model is anything but simple. The complexity (which is growing along the lines of C++) is in all the wrong places. Plus its boring.

I think 1.5 is just complicated enough with generics to have pushed it beyond the threshold where its costs outweigh its benefits.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Trend puts the lie
to the dogma propagated by the C++ now Java people that statically type checked strictly compiled languages with lots of boilerplate code are required to get reliability and performance.

Dynamic languages are more productive - that's the reason all the innovation is happening over there.

Java is a fairly specialized tool in that it only allows one kind of brute force programming approach to all problems. Yet its type model is anything but simple. The complexity (which is growing along the lines of C++) is in all the wrong places. Plus its boring.

I think 1.5 is just complicated enough with generics to have pushed it beyond the threshold where its costs outweigh its benefits.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Hey, we heard you the first time!
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New QWEST DSL - where you're never sure if you've sent
the very best successfully.

New I open another browser tab to check on such occasions...
New Yeah, I need to fix that.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Java begins its decline - (tuberculosis) - (15)
         Correction. eBay uses Java. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
             Hmm, I thought it was .asp - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                 They did, but not the port you are thinking of - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                     Long road - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         They throw Hardware at it. - (folkert) - (1)
                             Sun would be for the databases -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         I agree with all of that but... - (ben_tilly)
         So what do you think back-ends will be written in? -NT - (warmachine) - (7)
             SmallTALK. Duh. -NT - (pwhysall)
             Trend puts the lie - (tuberculosis)
             Trend puts the lie - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 Hey, we heard you the first time! -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                     QWEST DSL - where you're never sure if you've sent - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         I open another browser tab to check on such occasions... -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Yeah, I need to fix that. -NT - (admin)

Elvis is our system administrator.
90 ms