IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What are you on about?
Nordschleife was a great road course that completely vanished (and the name should have with it) when F1 took over from GT racing and completely changed the course. Still, for the F1 cars its a pretty good test of speed and handling combined. (I'd still like to see them on a road course 5 times the length...that would be fun.

The others historically were odd shaped circles. Cars of this day probably wouldn't even have to apply brakes (much like Indianapolis, where so many road race enthusiasts bore themselves to tears every Memorial Day in the US). So I would say that modern times have made them a little more challenging than less.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New The Nordschleife has one fundamental problem
It's a ring around a mountaintop (which makes it an odd shaped circle, doesn't it ;). Which was fine for its original purpose as a testing track, but makes for a very dangerous racetrack that can't be made safe.

The GT cars later got so fast (even eclipsing the F1s) that tracks like Le Mans were forced to put in speedbumps. So the days of the Nordschleife as a racetrack were numbered in any case. F1 may have accelerated it a bit, but I doubt it made little difference.

While we're reminiscing... - (pwhysall) - (15)
         What are you on about? - (bepatient) - (1)
             The Nordschleife has one fundamental problem - (scoenye)
         it's die Schleife, not der;and it's the Ring you're on about - (CRConrad) - (12)
             Which reminds of another question - - (Ashton) - (11)
                 There's hope yet. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     Ahh.. there's One - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Always remember... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             And I bet she uses paddles to shift :-P -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                 Did you ever get those permissions sorted out? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     o0oo oo0o -NT - (drewk)
                                 <raspberry juice = 5 /> -NT - (jb4)
                 Need to learn some other languages - (jake123) - (2)
                     Oui, c'\ufffdtait simplement r\ufffdve. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Mit Deutsch auch -NT - (jb4)
                 In the German navy ships femminine, airships masculine :) -NT - (GBert)

Geez can’t we all just be Canadians or something?
39 ms