IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New XML murders relational normalization thinking
The Buchanian navigationalists are trying to ressurrect themselves using XML and OOP to pull their rotting corpses from the cold, damp 1960's ground.
I'm building a program to check the general level of "wrongness" of the html in a web page. The formal definition of this is a DTD from the W3C. I've got a nifty parser built that seems to successfully build a DOM out of even the most hideous html and diagnoses things like unclosed tags and such as it goes. This gets me the general structural-ness stuff.

But for things like "you can't follow a table tag with a form tag" I'll have to go to the DTD. Turning a DTD into a useful data structure in memory has proven to be bloody challenging (although I think I just cracked it a couple minutes ago).

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New and it shows
             ICLRPD: Not in polite company. (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
         I've parsed RTF - (warmachine) - (2)
             ya gotta start somewhere :-) -NT - (SpiceWare)
             I'm sorry! - (Steve Lowe)
         Yup - (drewk) - (3)
             XML murders relational normalization thinking - (tablizer) - (2)
                 Web pages aren't meant to be relational - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     and it shows -NT - (tablizer)
         DTD is an old muddled standard - (ChrisR) - (2)
             And to make it extra fun - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Well, they did label it as Transitional... - (ChrisR)

I've never used said feature, but the top Google results include words like "issues", "errors", "problem", and "madness".
99 ms