IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So which is better, long or short cycles?
Ours are 8 weeks, with interim drops in between. Mainly this is to match our clients' cycles; we used to go more often but the clients found that to be too disruptive.

I suspect that retail sites like yours and Todd's have different concerns.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New For us, short. Definitely.
The less there is in a push, the easier it is to get it out the door and the smaller likelyhood of serious problems. Let stuff pile up and potential bugs start interacting with each other. Plus if you have to back something out, then you have a mess of figuring out what depends on what.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New We release stuff every other day
Everybody is on their own cycle and getting a release out isn't a big deal. App servers (written in C++) go out monthly. Other stuff ships as completed. To ship something, push it to staging, QA will do full regressions every other day of what is there and push it to production if it passes muster.

Deployments are pushbutton automated and can be rolled back with another button.

Working with mature infrastructure is such a joy.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:44:16 PM EDT
New How do you manage database changes? (new thread)
Created as new thread #236359 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=236359|How do you manage database changes?]
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK - (drewk) - (14)
         No, you don't hit them . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             mv /dev/transporter/* /dev/null -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Thanks for reminding me why I like my job - (ben_tilly) - (10)
             Sounds like here - (tuberculosis)
             We have a "no release without Real Testing" culture. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 We're trying to incubate a culture like that here. -NT - (imric) - (2)
                     ObLRPD: Much like Mariah Carey says she doesn't do stairs. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     We have that for some of our products. - (static)
                 We have that for our products - (Silverlock)
             So which is better, long or short cycles? - (admin) - (3)
                 For us, short. Definitely. - (ben_tilly)
                 We release stuff every other day - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     How do you manage database changes? (new thread) - (admin)
         "Testing? We've heard of it." -NT - (pwhysall)

Throw 'er into the POND!
300 ms