IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I just think of it as a harvest celebration
We don't have another one and fall is a good time to celebrate getting the crops in.

I like T-day. The goal is modest, get the family together for a nice meal. Compared with x-mas its a low stress delight.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:42:23 PM EDT
New Indeed
Thanksgiving is a harvest celebration coopted by patriotism. Makes for a refreshing change from the usual slew of pagan celebrations coopted by Christianity.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     The case against Turkey Day - (marlowe) - (17)
         nice screed but a few nits - (boxley) - (2)
             Those didn't amount to anything, either. - (marlowe) - (1)
                 never been to st augustine? - (boxley)
         Turkey Day was established by an intensive . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             I just think of it as a harvest celebration - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Indeed - (ben_tilly)
         Not bad; of course: we Do just make it all up as we go along -NT - (Ashton)
         And exactly what IS wrong with family, food and football? - (jb4) - (9)
             try reading it without your Marlowe filter, here let me help - (boxley) - (8)
                 What's any 'point' gotta do with it? - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Shades of that liberal state shining through? - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         Have no idea what 'liberal' means, except - (Ashton)
                 Isn't that what Easter is all about? - (imqwerky) - (4)
                     nuba, stanley cup and spring training -NT - (boxley)
                     Well, Easter needs a lot of un-Revisionism too. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Can we still keep Mardi Gras? :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             What would make you think we couldn't? -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

This too shall pass.
114 ms