IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others
You might as well get paid for it.
-----------
[link|http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/11/24/brown.consultant.ap/index.html|http://edition.cnn.c...ant.ap/index.html]

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.

"If I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses -- because that goes straight to the bottom line -- then I hope I can help the country in some way," Brown told the Rocky Mountain News for its Thursday editions.

Brown said officials need to "take inventory" of what's going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.
------
d'ya think?

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:38:36 PM EDT
New What's the over/under
on how long that "busines" stays afloat?

Oh, yeah, I fergot...He'll get more than enough no-bid government contracts to keep his "business" running long after any one of us with similar to better qualifications would have gone under (that covers just about 90% of IWETHEY, doesn't it?). It's the cost we taxpayers will pay for "loyalty" to the Failure In Chief for so quitely and properly falling on his sword.

Never mind...bet's off!
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New 1st contract will be to advise NO...
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Expand Edited by jbrabeck Nov. 26, 2005, 02:04:55 PM EST
New To paraphrase Jay Leno...
Brown consulting on disaster preparedness is like Robert Blake providing marriage counseling.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New :-)
     If your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others - (tuberculosis) - (4)
         What's the over/under - (jb4) - (1)
             1st contract will be to advise NO... -NT - (jbrabeck)
         To paraphrase Jay Leno... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Only technical details are missing.
140 ms