IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New WTF?
SmallTalk is even more syntactically bizarre than Java, (which is also out of the question), and, like Java, is very noticeably Not Perl, with which all this logic has already been implemented.

Now, does a non-Tk GUI toolkit exist that has the vital property of being idiotically simple to use?

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New I wouldn't know since I haven't needed that
But the ones that I glanced at didn't look idiotically simple to use.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New What GUI toolkit do you know?
None of them seem idiotically simple to use, but I'm guessing these are command line utilities and you just want a GUI to configure arguments and display results nicely.

You can use any GUI toolkit you know how to use and interact with your perl programs via the equivalent of "system".

If you want a web solution and will stick with perl look at mason.
If you know VB and its windows, use that and whatever command line exec capability it has.
If you want cross platform basic, try RealBasic.
Use Squeak and call your perl via OSProcess - either the Squeak GUI or Seaside web gui.
Use Cocoa and use NSTask if its a Mac.
Use bloody Java and Swing with System.exec()

Fronting command line tools is easy and similar facilities exist in any language - pick one that has a GUI api you can handle.

Sheesh.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:38:27 PM EDT
     Perl GUI programming for a complete idiot - (pwhysall) - (26)
         Perl/Tk - (altmann) - (5)
             That's fearfully ugly. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Maybe wxPerl. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     I've used it. - (broomberg) - (2)
                         I want it really simple - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Sounds like you need some Tiles - (tonytib)
         Make it a web application. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (19)
             Would need a server for that. -NT - (pwhysall) - (18)
                 Trivial. Lots of frameworks build one right in. - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                     It's not the software, silly. - (pwhysall) - (16)
                         I can't do anything about your corporate politics - (ben_tilly)
                         what please may I, etc comes in to it. - (boxley) - (13)
                             If you're gonna do that, seaside/squeak is even easier - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                                 How did you get from Perl to Java??? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                     Todd forgot that left turn at Albuquerque. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     He's got a kind of co-dependency thing going on, I think... -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                         I think I'll just let folks wallow in their ignorance - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                             Please don't. Wallowing gets old. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Resin is primarily used as a servlet container - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                         Ah. I see. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                         just write a 2 line servlet to go do perl - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Might as well install apache/mason - (tuberculosis)
                                 WTF? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     I wouldn't know since I haven't needed that - (ben_tilly)
                                     What GUI toolkit do you know? - (tuberculosis)
                         Been there, that's why I used wxPerl - (broomberg)

Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I'll BEAT YOU WITH until you realize who's in command.
96 ms