IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Except for the supervisor password
I forgot to mention that she has no idea what the supervisor password could be. She's tried her normal set of passwords. Hence, she can't disable it.
Microsoft Outlook - one, big, macro virus portal.
New RRR?
Can your friend uninstall and reinstall IE? Or get a new(er) version or something?

Perhaps going to 98Lite will uninstall it, then uninstall 98Lite (if she's using 98 in the first place), then reinstall it?

Grasping at straws...
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Supervisor password?
Is she using some locked-down system? That may be the problem, not the internet system.

You could do a web search on password recovery, I know I've run programs that revealed supposedly (but laughably) encrypted Windows passwords.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Not necessarily
We've had some NT boxes at work where an "upgrade" of IE 4 to IE 5 caused IE to ask for the "Windows" password to unlock previously cached form fill-ins, etc. The catch is that the user's NT domain password couldn't unlock it. Neither could the local admin, or the domain admin. The users in question can't remember ever defining a password, so we had no clue what it was looking for.

In the end, we got around it by deleting everything out of the IE 5 directories that didn't look like it came with IE 5. Unfortunately, I don't think that'll be of much help in this case.
     Content Advisor in IE 5.5 - (warmachine) - (12)
         Re: Content Advisor in IE 5.5 - (bepatient) - (4)
             Except for the supervisor password - (warmachine) - (3)
                 RRR? - (Yendor)
                 Supervisor password? - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Not necessarily - (scoenye)
         The obvious (though probably not helpful) answer: - (Meerkat)
         Re: Content Advisor in IE 5.5 - (andread)
         Found this on Usenet - use at own risk... - (scoenye) - (4)
             Looks like it'll work -NT - (bepatient)
             Problem solved! -NT - (warmachine) - (1)
                 Microsoft's amazing security strikes again . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             By the way... - (inthane-chan)

Crazy moon-lovers!
122 ms