IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Promise of Poverty thanks to my Mitsubishi
Very dramatic attempted commute today...hop in...start her up...drive up the highway, get on the turnpike...punch it up and feel it hitch a bit in its giddyup...hmm...cylinder misfire I think...better get it in for a tuneup...get around that last 18 wheeler, look in my rearview and I appear to be driving a NASCAR type vehicle "when the engine let go". I am blowing SERIOUS smoke...blinding to the guy behind me type smoke.

So I pull over..pop the hood thinking I've lost a hose or something. As I look around, I notice a puddle of reddish fluid accumulating under my right front...look behind the car and see the trail of fluid going back as far as I can see. Now I know what the problem is.

Start the car, drop in gear...no movement. I've left all my transmission fluid on the New Jersey Turnpike.

Could it be a hose??? (Dear God PLEASE let it be a hose)

Oh no, its the front seal..the true sign of bad things. Near certain to have metal in the box now..rebuild is necessary...and I'm a couple thousand poorer as of next Wed when I get it back.

Yay.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Coulda been worse...
Late at night on a lightly traveled back road...

Condolences. May it magically get better without expense...
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Rebuild kit already on order
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Did you call the EPA about the oil spill?
Sorry about your car :(
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New I'm in NJ
Its almost certainly on film.

New Cars are Capitalism's way of keeping us poor. ;-)
Things break. I'm glad you're OK. I hope you get a pleasant surprise on the repairs.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I know the feeling
Over a decade ago I bought my sister's car and set out to drive it across country. Got to Palm Springs and I couldn't see the road behind me. Turns out that the turbo blew.

Luckily my sister felt sorry for me and paid for the repair. I certainly didn't have the money on hand!

Other than that, it was a great car. But boy was it not a comforting introduction!

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New ouch! but it should be good for a while after that
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Unfortunately, when my cars have left a cloud . . .
. . of smoke behind them it's because a valve has broken off and punched a hole through a piston, probably bending a connecting rod on the way down - so my sympathy, but it could have been worse.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New This the REAL reason I like Sticks.
I just like to amuse myself with the speed-racer stylee.

Clutch Disc and Plate (maybe even the throwout cylinder and bearing) are much cheaper than these auto-magic thingers.

Yes, the new Galant I bought has one, but then it was bought for the RH-SWMBO. (Red Headed - She Who Must Be Obeyed)

Cost is of no concern(only if we can't afford it does it change) when it comes to that.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Damn! Bad news, BeeP!
At least you're OK, and car didn't seize (which would have been a rather serious turn of events, I wot...).

How are you getting around? NJT?
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Rental when necessary till next week.
today and likely one day next week I will be captain of the Enterprise.

New ** chuckle **
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New God's way of telling you to get a car with a proper gearbox.
Unlucky, dude. At least you're safe.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Yeah...I know...rub it in :-)

New Painful! But, at least you're OK. Stuff happens.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Didn't you know
that "Mitsubishi" is Japanese for "Little Piece of Shit"?

Whilst visiting some friends in San Gabriel back in 1985, no sooner had we been picked up from LAX than their Lovely Mitsubishi (mumble model name here) broke down near La Cienega Blvd. What was the problem you ask? The timing chain was literally disintegrated! Good times! Lots of adventure.

Wishing you speedy and economical repairs.

Amy

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #234759 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=234759|ICLRPD]
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New The fact that you had to go back to 1985 for your story...
...sorta negates the point of it.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Not necessarily
Just that they are the only people I knew personally who had a Mitsubishi.
No one in my current sphere of existence owns one.

Peace,
Amy

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New Hey! No fair trying to take Ben's title away from him. ;-)
New Except I was going away from my house, not to it.

New How old's the car?
New 01

New This is called er Carma? and is atonement for all those A6M
Mitsu Zeroes, splashed by those fiendish proximity fuzes, while they were enroute to do Bad Things to nice GIs.

They have Stayed the Course, not Cut and Run; one more Zero ... Banzai!

er, Sorry; have heard of few tranny seals expiring so dramatically :-/
How about a junkyard one from a rear-ender? Nobody pays dealer price for a re-man, right? I hear such parts are all over some newfangled thing called (The Web?) and Copart, Inc. is trying to corner the market,
so if my 100 shares go^, I'll owe ya one ;-)

New glad it's only your wallet that was hurt
how old is the car? maybe it's time to consider trading it in on something newer? Replace it before it costs you more than it's worth. That's the mistake I made with our previous van. I've since learned that there are two kinds of car payments: those to the bank and those to the repair shop. The ones to the bank leave you with nicer and more reliable transportation than the ones to the repair shop...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Update
Spring clips broke sending clutch assembly forward into the pump and essentially cutting it in half, pulling in the piping and blowing out the top seals.

So, it chewed itself to bits and opened path for the fluid to blow straight into the engine. Lucky there was no fire and lucky it didn't shift and freeze the front wheels.

It'll be fixed tomorrow.

New Ouch. :-(
New Damn!
Remind me to keep you away from explosives, or other things that are really destructive!
jb4

New Tilly Jr. ;-)
New Damn!
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Oooh, committing hara-kiri, so to speak.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Ouch. Don't like the sounds of that.
New oh man. I don't want to see the bill for that
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Neither do I :-)

New I would just walk away
plenty more cheap rides on ebay

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:37:35 AM EDT
New Trouble with that is
he knows his car and the maintainance history. On ebay, you are just buying somebody elses problem and you can't be sure what the problems are. Unless you are a very good gambler, known entities are better than unknown, if you have to walk the difference between what is assumed and what occurs. I once ought a nice looking Audi from a private individual; looked fine, motor, tranny, body were all as one would expect. I ended up walking 5 miles to a phone, taking it home because the electrics were Lucas look-alikes (actually, some grounds just needed cleaning and everything worked again. (until the wiring harnes caught fire and toasted the front of the car... but that was later...))
New Whoops. :-( Good advice. Caveat emptor, always.
New Besides
Repair price =1750

Trade value =4750

New Good deal.
New trade it before it takes another bite.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New In January, he said.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
     Promise of Poverty thanks to my Mitsubishi - (bepatient) - (41)
         Coulda been worse... - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             Rebuild kit already on order -NT - (bepatient)
         Did you call the EPA about the oil spill? - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             I'm in NJ - (bepatient)
         Cars are Capitalism's way of keeping us poor. ;-) - (Another Scott)
         I know the feeling - (ben_tilly)
         ouch! but it should be good for a while after that -NT - (boxley)
         Unfortunately, when my cars have left a cloud . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         This the REAL reason I like Sticks. - (folkert)
         Damn! Bad news, BeeP! - (jb4) - (2)
             Rental when necessary till next week. - (bepatient) - (1)
                 ** chuckle ** -NT - (jb4)
         God's way of telling you to get a car with a proper gearbox. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Yeah...I know...rub it in :-) -NT - (bepatient)
         Painful! But, at least you're OK. Stuff happens. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Didn't you know - (imqwerky) - (3)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
             The fact that you had to go back to 1985 for your story... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Not necessarily - (imqwerky)
         Hey! No fair trying to take Ben's title away from him. ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (1)
             Except I was going away from my house, not to it. -NT - (bepatient)
         How old's the car? -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
             01 -NT - (bepatient)
         This is called er Carma? and is atonement for all those A6M - (Ashton)
         glad it's only your wallet that was hurt - (cforde)
         Update - (bepatient) - (15)
             Ouch. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
             Damn! - (jb4)
             Tilly Jr. ;-) -NT - (n3jja)
             Damn! -NT - (imric)
             Oooh, committing hara-kiri, so to speak. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Ouch. Don't like the sounds of that. -NT - (ben_tilly)
             oh man. I don't want to see the bill for that -NT - (cforde) - (1)
                 Neither do I :-) -NT - (bepatient)
             I would just walk away - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                 Trouble with that is - (hnick) - (5)
                     Whoops. :-( Good advice. Caveat emptor, always. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Besides - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Good deal. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             trade it before it takes another bite. -NT - (cforde) - (1)
                                 In January, he said. -NT - (folkert)

I never want to see that line out of context.
118 ms