IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New cultural (con)fusion
boss took the crew (three of us) out for lunch yesterday. We went to the Mustang Bar & Grill. Wooden floor, tin star badges, authentic looking irons (hand & leg restraints), pictures, steer skulls on the walls, and Indian cuisine buffet. I just seemed so wrong.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Context please
What state, country or provence? What kind of Indian? (one has cuisine, the other has fry bread).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I didnt know east asia cooked fry bread?
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I figured you couldn't resist that one :)
New I'm not that sophisicated a gourmand
I had butter chicken, rice and naan if that helps...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Well, naan is Punjabi, so . . .
. . we will presume this cuisine has at least a passing familiarity with the the Indian subcontinent (where unleavened (but puffed) fry bread is called puris) and the chicken was probably some imitation of tandoor.

Yes, this is certainly a cultural disconnect of major propotions, serving a beef free cuisine in a beef based décor, the two normally separated by half the diameter of the Earth.

Chicken is an expensive luxury item in India reserved for special occasions, and butter is costly too, so consider yourself fortunate. I'm not sure why chicken is expensive there and cheap just about everywhere else. They don't eat much pig either because edible grade pig requires high grade feed competeting with people, but chickens will eat anything, including chickens (and they looove spiders, by the way).

On the other hand, in this age of outsourcing to the lowest cost country, I'd recommend becoming more familiar with the (several) cuisines of India, for they have mastered the art of making really tasty food from really cheap ingredients.

Southeast Asia isn't far behind - it takes me weeks to get through a 5 pound lump of dead cow these days. Perhaps this restaurant is just a bit ahead of the times.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Nov. 17, 2005, 11:27:59 PM EST
     cultural (con)fusion - (cforde) - (5)
         Context please - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             I didnt know east asia cooked fry bread? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I figured you couldn't resist that one :) -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
             I'm not that sophisicated a gourmand - (cforde) - (1)
                 Well, naan is Punjabi, so . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Yeeaaahhhh! I'm the mae-stro!
119 ms