If'n they'd swapped the buttons they'd be get'n the context menu I told 'em about and they'd know what's go'n down. Most of my clients wouldn't have a clue how to swap the mouse buttons anyway.

These are people who's entire businesses depend on computers working, but who want to know absolutely as little about computers as possible because they have more important things on their minds. I agree with them completely and try to set up systems that require minimum computer knowledge. Unfortunately computers (or operating systems and software, anyway) are not suitable for business use.

The worst possible situation for these client is if they acquire an in-house "computer expert" (especially one with management authority). The owners don't know enough to control the "expert" and their systems get so thoroughly screwed they barely function (and of course the "expert" blames me). I generally drop clients when an "expert" comes on board. When s/he is gone they call me back.

My smartest client has everything on OS/2 - completely expert proof. Nobody he hires messes with it at all. Everything always works and it works the way it's supposed to (he has redundant Linux servers which are also still pretty "expert proof").