IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lump-Stick-Rectangle
Just thought I'd start a new thread for the new iMac.

But yeah, as mentioned, it does look like a desk lamp.
  • 10.4" diameter domed lump housing the optical drive (DVD-writing SuperDrive on high-end model), power supply, ports, and a 700 or 800MHz G4.
  • A stick which is the tilt/height arm for ...
  • The rectangle - a the 15" LCD display.

I noticed the optical drive has a tray - no more slot-load iMacs. Also a bit of a swiz that all the ports are at the back.

But hey. Do I want one? Yeah. Can I afford one? No.

The other new stuff announced: iPhoto (wonder what that does?), and a 14.1" screen iBook - same 1024x768 resolution as the 12.1" one.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Just back from MacWorld
And I am fairly impressed with the iMac. The articulation is really smooth. Screen positions easily at a variety of heights and angles. Base is quite heavy - so it feels solid.

The keyboard is something you will want to replace right away. Apple Computer adb keyboards used to have the best feel of all computer keyboards. Now they are the cheesiest. There are plenty of wireless usb keyboards if that's your fancy.

iPhoto is pretty cool. It has helped me organize my photos pretty quickly. I'm still learning it but its better than my old strategy (lots of folders filled with filenames like 10294857398.jpg).

The show was quite busy. Lots of interest. OSX has arrived pretty much.

Lump-Stick-Rectangle - (Meerkat) - (1)
         Just back from MacWorld - (tuberculosis)