IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Brisk Walks in Sub-Zero Michigan Weather
should really get you going. Or freeze you.

One friend spoke of washing his afro, then going outside in -30 Michigan weather with his hair wet. It froze quick, and when he ran his hand over his head, his hair broke off!

Glen Austin
New Must be a Michigan thing
Everyone in Minnesota knows that you need to use antifreeze when washing your hair.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Nah, that's a myth , AFAIK
We used to do that all the time as kids- go outside in below zero temps with wet hair. The water freezes on your hair, but the hair itself doesnt freeze. So yeah, you're snapping off ice, but it slides right off the hair when it breaks. Maybe your friend had exceptionally brittle hair.

I like the cold. I could do without the snow, though.
Follow your MOUSE
New Coldest I've seen is -10F or so.
And that's *cold* for here.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I've seen -25 F
I was too busy trying to stay inside to experiment though.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New -20 F in Chicago was fun. ~ 1982 or so.
That's about the coldest I remember. It froze the hairs inside my nose. Ouch.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Don't forget the wind chill back then
it pushed the numbers to -60F for 4 weekends straight. I was living down the street from campus 2 blocks from the lakefront. Some of the bars in the area had a major drop in attendance because only the diehard alkies ventured out in search of boozy nights.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New -26 F (-32 C) in Upstate NY.
On the plus side, when it's that cold it's usually calm as well and walking on squeaky, crunchy snow is interesting. Hey, I'm easily amused.

On the minus side, I think that's the day I had to bring the car battery inside the house and sit it a sink full of hot water for a while. That's not a fun thing to have to do before being able to start a car and go to work.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
     Employed again! - (bionerd) - (32)
         Click-clack-click-clack... - (inthane-chan)
         Hoo-RAY! (...am I caught up yet?) -NT - (jb4) - (1)
             Consider yourself all caught up ;-) -NT - (bionerd)
         Fabulous News! -NT - (bepatient)
         Woot! And a side of Yay! -NT - (drewk)
         Congrats! -NT - (SpiceWare)
         Great nooze - (jbrabeck)
         Ye haw! Wonderful news. Enjoy your morning walks! -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
             The Brisk Walks in Sub-Zero Michigan Weather - (gdaustin) - (7)
                 Must be a Michigan thing - (jbrabeck)
                 Nah, that's a myth , AFAIK - (bionerd)
                 Coldest I've seen is -10F or so. - (admin) - (4)
                     I've seen -25 F - (ben_tilly)
                     -20 F in Chicago was fun. ~ 1982 or so. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Don't forget the wind chill back then - (lincoln)
                     -26 F (-32 C) in Upstate NY. - (a6l6e6x)
         Excellent! -NT - (imric)
         Congratulations. - (jake123)
         Yay Laura!!!! - (Nightowl)
         Sloooowly uncrosses fingers - (Silverlock)
         Fab news! - (Steve Lowe)
         Your kids must sing and dance for you again! -NT - (warmachine)
         Et Voila - (tuberculosis)
         Damn! You are GOOD!!!! - (imqwerky)
         Splendiferous! -NT - (Ashton)
         I'm glad to see that my confidence was well-placed. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Wonderful -NT - (broomberg)
         That's superb, Laura! - (a6l6e6x)
         hey, good for you. - (cforde)
         Delighted to hear!! (and yeah, do the walk!) -NT - (Meerkat)
         w00t! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         corngrats! -NT - (boxley)

So let me sign off in idiocy...
138 ms