IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: How Omar escaped - REALITY ALERT !!!
"I say:

Dammit, we've got to do better than this. Have we been too trusting of our alleged allies in the region? What's with these negotiated surrenders? We don't negotiate with terrorists. And should we be playing ball with Pashtuns?"

The reality here is that he was *allowed* to escape. Think about it. If there was a real will to capture Omar he would have been captured dead or alive whilst penned in. If not by the Afghani side-switchers then by special forces.

Both OBL and Omar serve a purpose alive - because whilst they are alive or publicly believed to be alive, US is better able to justify continuing military operations to finish them off. Somalia is next followed by Iraq or Sudan (depending on replentishment of missile stocks).

If both OBL & Omar were dead - with corpses to prove it - US would begin to find a *lot* of opposition to continuing efforts to completely flatten Al-Qaeda org. This job needs to be done thoroughly & OBL & Omar on the run still pose a psychological threat & thus justifciation for scorched earth approach to Al-Qaeda.

Doug Marker

Today we of the 21st century live in the era of PAX AMERICANA - the last such great era was PAX ROMANA

New Yep - "The reality here is that he was *allowed* to escape."
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Allowed?
bin Laden at least has a $25 million price on his head. It's hard to see, if there were an opportunity, some opportunistic Northern Alliance or Pakistani passing over that much money. Retire to Beverly Hills under a new identity and partake of the fruits of American capitalism.

I count it more likely that he is dead under a pile of rubble in one of the bombed caves, or smuggled out of the country incognito by people loyal to him (and who know he can pay them as much as the bounty). Not that we "allowed" him to escape.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Re: Allowed?

Must admit, I am sure US was really keen to flatten OBL but I am one who thinks that Omar was allowed to flee - for the reasons mentioned.

Whatever the truth is (we are unlikely to know for a long time) - they did both escape.

Cheers

Doug
New You're assuming that he really has escaped.
If he truely is a tool...well, why does he have to a live tool?

"I'm telling you, we saw bin Ladin getting over the border into Pakistan.." (pocketing cash) "He has shaved his beard and is using contacts so he now has green eyes. I is hearing he is going to be getting plastic surgery. No one will know what he is looking like."
New Yup, for next decade.. 'Where's Waldo?' - The Int'l Game\ufffd
New Of course they were (probably) allowed to escape.
The question is... by whom?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Did they escape?
Or are they before a secret tribunal right now?
----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New Heh.. ever The Question - for next 3.01 years at least.
     How Omar escaped - (marlowe) - (9)
         Re: How Omar escaped - REALITY ALERT !!! - (dmarker2) - (8)
             Yep - "The reality here is that he was *allowed* to escape." -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Allowed? - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Re: Allowed? - (dmarker2)
             You're assuming that he really has escaped. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Yup, for next decade.. 'Where's Waldo?' - The Int'l Game\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
             Of course they were (probably) allowed to escape. - (marlowe)
             Did they escape? - (mhuber) - (1)
                 Heh.. ever The Question - for next 3.01 years at least. -NT - (Ashton)

*THAT'S WHAT HE MEANT!!!*
54 ms