IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lost my job yesterday
Due to some misunderstanding between me and HR (and I have to take the larger part of the blame), I ended up losing my job. Bye-bye, 15-minute commute. Hello, unemployment.

Well, technically speaking, I still get payed for 2 more weeks. And I have some leads and an interview tomorrow. But things are just a bit exciting at the moment.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New :-( Hang in there, Ark. Best of luck with the interview!
New Sorry to hear that. Hang in there and good luck
-----------------------------------------
Lying about outing a CIA agent, something that is actually a threat to national security, is first-degree perjury. Lying about a blowjob is....ninth-degree perjury.
--Eddie Izzard
New "Exciting". Interesting choice of words!
Hope your interview goes well and that your employed again asap.
Sending good energy your way!
Follow your MOUSE
New Damn, man!
Good luck!

And remember - if all else fails, there's always Atlanta... There's still a relatively good job market here.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Lost your job...
Если хочется работать \ufffd ляг, поспи, и всё пройдёт
Thought you might appreciate a laugh. This time, make sure the chair is stable! Best wishes in your new quest.

Dan
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Good luck with the interview!
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I'm sorry to hear that Ark. I have complete certainty
that you will land on your feet, and soon.

Best of luck in the job hunt!

Jack
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New So sorry, hope the interview is a good one.
New Damn!
I hope your search for another job is short and sweet.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Sucks man - good luck.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Gah. Hope things work out quickly.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Hope your brush with unemployment is brief.
Many good wishes your way, Ark.

Peace,
Amy

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New Sorry to hear :(
Best of luck in the interview! Hope you land quickly and cleanly.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New :-( may your job search be brief.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New I'm so sorry to hear that!
I know this is a really bad time to be suddenly unemployed, right before the holidays and all.

I'll keep you in my daily prayers and thoughts that you find another job soon. And try not to blame yourself too much, mistakes and things happen, especially in the heat of the moment. Just learn from it and use that knowledge to prevent things from getting to that point the next time.

Good luck!

Brenda

"I'll rock the darn boat all I want to, and if it's meant to stay afloat, then it will. If not, then we'll just all go down with the bloody ship!"
New Ditto, ditto, ditto
to all the good wishes and short job hunts and all that.

Sorry to hear. Good luck. And as always, keep us posted.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Sorry to hear that. Good luck, tovarisch.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Bummer :( Best of luck!
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Sorry. Good luck.
New Ain't that a bitch!
Good luck on the interview. You got the chops; those that want to will see that!
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Bummer
New bleh, sorry to hear that
I wish you profitable prospecting for your next employer.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New no luck with the interview send me a resume
if you wanna think about down here,
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New FWIW, we're hiring like crazy
but you'd have to move to seattle. If you like, email me your resume at tobl at my employer's domain.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:42:24 AM EDT
New Need any helpdesk types?
No bull, I'm damned good. And, I actually like doing support, as long as I'm allowed to do it well. I could lead a team or be a second/third level phone answerer. Moving might be a problem but I can figure that out later.
No new taxes.
--George H. W. Bush

We don't torture.
--George W. Bush
New Does this sound like you?
Corporate Helpdesk is looking for Senior Support Engineers with the ability to deep dive on a process, script a tool to automate it, then handle\ufffd Senior VP needs the next. We are\ufffd looking for seasoned support engineers who can maintain pleasant demeanor under load, have extremely broad experience, who can script (Perl and/or VBS), and have a vision for what support ought to look like. We own a huge piece of the corporate business logic in in a highly diverse technical environment where the opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge are endless.\ufffd
Job Qualifications
Must have deep knowledge of both Windows and Unix.\ufffd 3+ years direct Helpdesk/SA experience is necessary. If you know Apple as well, that's a plus. The ability to work swing shifts on a rotational basis is required.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:43:39 AM EDT
New Wow
Automation heaven.

That is pretty much my primary responsibility here.

I've never seen it described like that.

New Automation is in the company DNA
Its like a totally self-serve company. Whatever you want, there's probably a web app for requesting/configuring it.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:45:40 AM EDT
New Sadly, no
Scripting and Unix are areas I'm severely lacking in.
No new taxes.
--George H. W. Bush

We don't torture.
--George W. Bush
New Crap, I missed this one!
I would fo working for you and/or your employer in a blink (if found worthy). As it stands now, I am starting on Wednesday at a bank in Manhattan. The commute will be hell on my family, but the money seems to be good. And, I get to read books again!

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New The commute to Seattle would be worse. ;-)
Good news! Best of luck with the new job. I'm sure you'll do very well.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Mazel Tov!
But no can blame you for continuing to look around elsewhere.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Good luck with the new gig!
--
Steve
New Happy to hear you're OK. So, can you tell us more now...
...about the background of your original post -- a "misunderstanding" between you and HR that lost you your job?!?

Must'a been one heck of a misunderstanding...

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
New glad you landed on your feet
so as CRC says, how did you get cut loose in the first place? (if you can say etc)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Read books?
On the commute? Taking NJ Transit in?

Seriously, good news.. Good luck!
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New Re: Taking NJ Transit in?
Arkadiy lives in CT.
Alex

New *bonk self*
]
Imric's Tips for Living

New You must be extremely nimble.
And rather desperate.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
New Your point?
]
Imric's Tips for Living

New Cackle!

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Usually that is reserved for someone else to do!
And What does Karsten have anything to do with this?
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New congrats on new job. Enjoy the reading.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Yeah but now you don't have to move
maybe next time.

I've got one more opening for someone who wants to make ajax/javascript development their life's calling.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:33:46 AM EDT
New at least until the next 'big thing' comes around, right? :)
--
Steve
New Rich clients is the focus
implementation is a detail.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:34:54 AM EDT
New Congrats!
Keeping the car in the garage? Priceless!
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Wow, that didnt take long.
Glad to hear it. Good luck at the new job.
Follow your MOUSE
New Re: Crap, I missed this one!
Heartly congratulations! Looking forward to meet you at lunch as well!
New Short and sweet
Land on your feet!

(I am a poet...)

Hope the new job bodes well for you :O)

Peace,
Amy

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New but your feet know it...they're Longfellows...
(sometimes I just crack myself up...)
jb4

New <giggle>

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New Re: Lost my job yesterday
Sorry to hear that. I hope you already have some positive news. Are you looking new job in CT only?
New Check this out, Arkadiy!
If you're willing to relocate to Chapel Hill, NC (it's near Raleigh).

Got this in local LUG e-mail:
-----------------------

Job Description: C++ Application Developer

Blue Analytics, the software and financial engineering division of Blue
Capital Group, Ltd., seeks experienced C++ application developers to
join its high-performance application development team in Chapel Hill,
North Carolina.

The ideal candidate will have several years of programming experience,
preferably on both Linux and Windows, and preferably in the development
of low-latency, message-based, high-performance server applications.
Experience in trading environment is a big plus.

Interested candidates are asked tp send their resume and brief cover
note to Michael Durbin at mdurbin at bluecg.com.

-----------------------
Mike Durbin
Blue Analytics, Ltd.
919-923-0546
Alex

Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Nov. 12, 2005, 11:37:13 AM EST
New HR is never your friend; but my sympathies go out to you
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     Lost my job yesterday - (Arkadiy) - (55)
         :-( Hang in there, Ark. Best of luck with the interview! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Sorry to hear that. Hang in there and good luck -NT - (Silverlock)
         "Exciting". Interesting choice of words! - (bionerd)
         Damn, man! - (imric)
         Lost your job... - (danreck)
         Good luck with the interview! -NT - (bepatient)
         I'm sorry to hear that Ark. I have complete certainty - (jake123)
         So sorry, hope the interview is a good one. -NT - (hnick)
         Damn! - (a6l6e6x)
         Sucks man - good luck. -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Gah. Hope things work out quickly. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Hope your brush with unemployment is brief. - (imqwerky)
         Sorry to hear :( - (Steve Lowe)
         :-( may your job search be brief. -NT - (SpiceWare)
         I'm so sorry to hear that! - (Nightowl)
         Ditto, ditto, ditto - (jbrabeck)
         Sorry to hear that. Good luck, tovarisch. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Bummer :( Best of luck! -NT - (Meerkat)
         Sorry. Good luck. -NT - (broomberg)
         Ain't that a bitch! - (jb4)
         Bummer -NT - (JayMehaffey)
         bleh, sorry to hear that - (cforde)
         no luck with the interview send me a resume - (boxley)
         FWIW, we're hiring like crazy - (tuberculosis) - (28)
             Need any helpdesk types? - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 Does this sound like you? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     Wow - (broomberg) - (1)
                         Automation is in the company DNA - (tuberculosis)
                     Sadly, no - (Silverlock)
             Crap, I missed this one! - (Arkadiy) - (22)
                 The commute to Seattle would be worse. ;-) - (Another Scott)
                 Mazel Tov! - (a6l6e6x)
                 Good luck with the new gig! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                 Happy to hear you're OK. So, can you tell us more now... - (CRConrad)
                 glad you landed on your feet - (cforde)
                 Read books? - (imric) - (6)
                     Re: Taking NJ Transit in? - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                         *bonk self* -NT - (imric) - (4)
                             You must be extremely nimble. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Your point? -NT - (imric) - (1)
                                     Cackle! -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Usually that is reserved for someone else to do! - (folkert)
                 congrats on new job. Enjoy the reading. -NT - (jbrabeck)
                 Yeah but now you don't have to move - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     at least until the next 'big thing' comes around, right? :) -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                         Rich clients is the focus - (tuberculosis)
                 Congrats! - (jb4)
                 Wow, that didnt take long. - (bionerd)
                 Re: Crap, I missed this one! - (Booboo)
                 Short and sweet - (imqwerky) - (2)
                     but your feet know it...they're Longfellows... - (jb4) - (1)
                         <giggle> -NT - (imqwerky)
         Re: Lost my job yesterday - (Booboo)
         Check this out, Arkadiy! - (a6l6e6x)
         HR is never your friend; but my sympathies go out to you -NT - (lincoln)

Gradualism only goes so far.
325 ms