IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Last time I looked
which was a couple years ago I'll admit, Jetty config was simpler, and the performance just "felt" more solid and snappier.

I also eliminated a number of reliability problems (randomly refused connections) by replacing tomcat in JBoss with the Jetty drop-in replacement.

So I like Jetty - it just worked without fiddling, when tomcat didn't. Switched, never looked back.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Meh, never had those problems.
Tomcat 5.0.22 here, and it runs without problems at all for 8 weeks at a time (in between production drops). Configuration has always been "install it, fiddle a port, add data sources, done".

I suspect you were comparing to 4, which was a lot dicier. I've seen recent comparisons which show that Tomcat and Jetty are now pretty much the same wrt. performance, and Resin is a good bit slower.

Add to that the fact that the IDEs all support Tomcat out of the box...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yep, it was v4.somethingorother
glad to hear the problems have been addressed.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     Free tips to weight loss - (Spammer 797) - (24)
         This dickhead is still here? -NT - (drewk) - (23)
             This is why JIWT has an admin interface... - (pwhysall) - (22)
                 There are still a few penguins on Tiera Del Fuego ... - (Another Scott) - (21)
                     Re: There are still a few penguins on Tiera Del Fuego ... - (pwhysall) - (20)
                         Something's down -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                             Not worky here either... Er, Meow. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Since that was setup... - (folkert)
                         dood lad you have figued out how to in stall tomcat - (boxley) - (16)
                             Compared to what? -NT - (admin) - (15)
                                 they all suck severely -NT - (boxley) - (14)
                                     So what's your point? -NT - (admin) - (13)
                                         jiwethey, its your work and will a wonder to behold when dun - (boxley) - (12)
                                             have been using resin a lot lately http://www.caucho.com/ -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                                                 I've heard good things about it. - (admin) - (10)
                                                     Bad Cat - Go Jetty! - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                                                         Look up - (drewk) - (4)
                                                             Amazing what you cannot see when you do not look -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                             Those are old. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                                                 But should be enough to start, right? -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     (Branching this) A start for what? (new thread) - (admin)
                                                         Why is Jetty better than Tomcat? -NT - (admin) - (3)
                                                             Last time I looked - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                 Meh, never had those problems. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                     Yep, it was v4.somethingorother - (tuberculosis)

Are you a Brother of the Conch too??
91 ms