IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And what did Apple tech support say?

Did you try to configure the stations via the Ethernet interface?

Just asking....I've had very good luck with AirPort and even when I didn't, Apple determined that it was a hardware issue and sent me a replacement free of charge.

(A lightning bolt had grounded right next to our house and blew out an Ethernet hub as well. Everything else was okay.)

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

"You've got a lot of time for abstract thought when you've got your hand
stuck up a dead badger."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Johnny and the Dead)
New Re: And what did Apple tech support say?
Tried today. Via ethernet... Crosstalk cable and without... on our network and not... NO fricking luck.

Of course you were using OSX 10.1 right. I have really decided that these airports SUCK.

I thought the Avaya Orinoco WAPs were bad...

Done with em thaar Airports...

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New Umm...actually
When I first got my base station, OS X didn't exist. (I think I was using OS 8.something).

You may have a hardware issue. If you haven't contacted Apple support yet, please do so. I had very good luck with them. One tech sat with me for about two hours, running down every possibility before finally determining that the HW was nuked. (And getting me a free replacement)

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad time with these.

802.11 is really the bomb, at least when it works.

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

If the Creator had said, "Let there be light" in Ankh-Morpork, he'd have
gotten no further because of all the people saying "What colour?"
-- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)
New 802.11
It cranks!

I have contacted Apple support, they have agreed that my bunch of Airports they shipped me came from a "known" bad batch. These systems and iBooks were a direct ship from Apple. They caught all but a few "early" shipments of them. Looks like I won the Grand Prize being a early one!!

These were all bought as a part of a Grant we got. We are getting 2 more iBooks instead of airport replacements. As the orinoco WAP I have is cheaper and they connect just as well using that, as they would have using the airports.

One thing I have about this whole thing, Why... oh WHY... does Apple have to make things like those airports as ugly as they do, just like the "hockey Puck" mouse for the iMACs we have... GAWD! The colors and see through stuff, fine... just make it fit into my office environment without looking tacky^H^H^H^H^Hout of place...!!!! But please the funky shapes and such... nope. Sure they look cool, but when the novelty wears off.. come on!

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New Early bad batch - it's the pioneers that get all the arrows!
There is value in not being an early adopter.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
     GOSH DARN AIRPORT BASES!!!!!!!!! - (folkert) - (11)
         All that aggravation for twice the price ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
         Now for an opposing opinion.... - (tjsinclair)
         Airport tower workers must have been asleep - (nking)
         And what did Apple tech support say? - (tjsinclair) - (4)
             Re: And what did Apple tech support say? - (folkert) - (3)
                 Umm...actually - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                     802.11 - (folkert) - (1)
                         Early bad batch - it's the pioneers that get all the arrows! - (a6l6e6x)
         All part of the new airport security policy - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Smack, smack, down boy! -NT - (wharris2)
             Why.. even my Jack Armstrong Tru-Flite\ufffd paper planes - (Ashton)

The telltale breath with sen-sen.
41 ms