and even while - many thousands (millions by now?) are at least vaguely aware of the threat of hardware encryption possibilities - nay likelihood:

I see no change in the uneven adversarial position. Just M$ (alone) possesses CA$H of ~$35 Billions - and growing, through interest accumulations, daily.

The US Admistration is evidently of- by- and for- continued Corporate hegemony; not merely within the US, but worldwide: via all recent undebated panic legislation on all fronts. How can we not note the effects already of, the 'Terror' rubric extended to cover many aspects of 'software' - much as bandied about in the above link?

Uneven adversarial position? Tell me again.. what funds are earmarked for creation of, maintenance of: any org. whatsoever which might call upon even 1% of the Beast CA$H available - to buy congress and state legislators to counter the propaganda of the Beast?

This even AFTER Sklyarov, DMCA, the only temporarily-stalled SSSCA [plus whatever is being prepared as we speak]. And unless you dispute the assertion that legislators' perpetual need for reelection funds means: they ARE ever 'buyable' [??]

Then - tell me again please: besides endless (if sometimes incisive) bitching and moaning in cult web-pages unread by the unwashed - how is it possible that every next Beast plan shall *not* become LAW within the next 2-3 years ?? (2-7 years.. if Bushie Jr. doesn't shoot self in foot like Daddy did, after war euphoria wears off - and his real talents emerge or are seen to have been imaginary)

With no organized, funded, competent and unrelenting opposition: how could it turn out any other way?

Oh No!! that might sound like a Union! and go against the InDuhVidualist Grain... Let's just continue to bitch & moan and all. hang. separately. Then the post-lockdown forums can be filled with YEARS of recriminations about.. shoulda woulda coulda and mainly.....

How Could We Have Been So Dumb\ufffd

(If there are such forums permitted, that is)

Ashton
There must be a brilliant, highly effective underground campaign afoot - which I'm just too dull to notice.. Yes, that must be it.