IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A thought about "rigged" elections.
There's a certain sort of person who, whenever a vote doesn't go his way, will denounce it as "rigged" on the flimsiest or most imaginary evidence. I don't think these folks really believe in democracy. They just don't seem to respect the express will of the people.

Now I'll meet them halfway, reasonable and open minded fellow that I am. Some elections *are* obviously rigged. In Communist or Baathist countries, for example, where you can only vote for one candidate, and they may punish you if you vote no. And then there are those curously regular voting machine tallies in Venzuela. (Never mind vote "irregularities." It's regularity that's suspicious. When all the percentages come out *identical*, something's amiss.) And yes, I'll even admit that attempts to rig elections happen in *this* country. For example, there those Democrat operatives convicted of election fraud in Missouri over the 2004 elections. They didn't succeed in throwing it to Kerry, though, so democracy was preserved.

But all in all... let's get a grip, shall we?

Let's start by respecting the right of the Shia Arabs and the Kurds in Iraq to determine their own destiny. Lord knows they've lived without this right for decades, and suffered horribly as a result. What sort of person would begrudge them this now?

What sort of person gets all out of joint whenever people exercise the right to self determination after being oppressed for so long? What hearts can be so cold to justice?

Some pretend their hearts are bleeding for the Sunni Arab minority. Would their hearts bleed as much for the whites of Apartheid-era South Africa? In non-democratic countries, it's the *majorities* that are oppressed and mistreated. And now, in recent years, in South Africa, Eastern Europe and most recently in Iraq, they're finally free. I don't have a problem with that, but some people do. I really can't fathom why.

May it be so in many other nations in the near future. Iran has waited way too long. So has Lebanon. And don't forget Sudan.
----------------------------------------------------------------
4 out of 5 Iraqis choose democracy!
If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.
Never mind the AP. Here's the real Iraq reporting: [link|http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/|http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/]
"The period of debate is closed. Arms, as the last resort, decide the contest." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense
New You talking about Shrub?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New So you are firmly for giving Kosovo to the Albanians?
Since they swarmed over the border and forced out the slavs thus claiming majority? Oh wait, thats what happened here and in South Africa.Of course you are for it. Meanwhile all those whiney brits that have infested Ireland for centuries need to go back where they came from.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Funny how he conveniently omits Diebold...
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

A thought about "rigged" elections. - (marlowe) - (3)
         You talking about Shrub? -NT - (jbrabeck)
         So you are firmly for giving Kosovo to the Albanians? - (boxley)
         Funny how he conveniently omits Diebold... -NT - (jb4)

Something smells and it doesnt smell like curry.
70 ms