IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Solderin's a skill that'll take you places
In my case, bein' a budget minded guitar man who made his own cables lead to college radio station engineer and later on commercial broadcast tech.

And, BTW, the coax for your average broadcast FM antenna is a bitch to put connections on as the shield is a corrugated copper tube that needs cutting with a hacksaw and you need a sizeable iron to heat it up enough to get a good joint.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New With the loss of 'Heathkit'
went the tales of housewives building their own color Tee Vee sets, then using setup controls.. successfully! I've seen a couple of those, too - textbook clean solder joints. (Page 1 was a short course with a small scrap board, wires - to practice on.) Women (Rosie Riveter) demonstrated their superiority in much meticulous assembly work - with far fewer errors than ever-distracted males.

So we sent them home with a company apron; after they had wired all those B-17 instrument panels. Patriarchies are so habitually dense.

'Course most Heaths were built by men (and their kids!) - a natural process for culling, IDing future engineers. All such talents are soo unnecessary for learning the TLA bafflegab of the smarmy Re-marketing 'Economy'.

(Kinda surprised how few here! would dare even just to tack-solder a wire from Point A to Point B, on occasion.)

Fewer and fewer left, even to remark on the passing of the once-functioning USA.
What a puerile culture as worships dumbth - and doesn't even remember when it didn't.

That's not even 'going out with a whimper'! That's going OUT while thinking it's the IN door. Assholes; give apes a bad name.

New I usually got good joints with money, but hey..
if you can get em with a big iron, woohoo! :-)
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
     You guys are absolutely WONDERFUL! - (Nightowl) - (16)
         You're welcome - (jake123)
         You know what this means, don't you? - (drewk) - (14)
             Hey now... - (folkert) - (3)
                 Wasn't her problem to begin with, that she already WAS? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     If you don't how roadies live... - (folkert)
                     Re: Wasn't her problem to begin with, that she already WAS? - (Nightowl)
             Sound Gal. ;) -NT - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Nope, it's *always* sound guy - (drewk) - (1)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
             Aye - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                 Solderin's a skill that'll take you places - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     With the loss of 'Heathkit' - (Ashton)
                     I usually got good joints with money, but hey.. - (Steve Lowe)
                 I can mix, too. - (static) - (2)
                     :-) - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                         I actually rather enjoy stage right. -NT - (bepatient)

Blaphemer!
72 ms