IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now here's some Brit. law we could really use!
[link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/23540.html|Disqualify the incompetent from.. doing it again (anytime soon)]

What think? How many heaped dead bodies [Enron] would it take to get a Congresscritter [Enron] to phone over and ask for a Xerox? (We know we're not smart enough [Enron] to make up a new one, without help)

A.
New I dunno, Ash...
..."If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" should be illegal? Or should investors simply be spared the hardship of research? *grin*

Or - should it be illegal to fail badly?

*chuckle*

I mean, really - if denied business, won't these 'disqualified' guys just head into POLITICS?

We have enough trouble with the crop of politicians we have now...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New It could use a better description of the law...
I'm unconvinced that we want a body so egregiously self-serving, wasteful, lazy, ignorant, and inefficient as our Congress to set the standards for private sector company executives.
Pass laws defining fraud, sure, but to allow Congress-critters to screen executives for suitability is absurd. They'd have a pricelist posted on their office doors.
That's a scary thought...

-Hugh
New The idea remains good.. but then there are humans.
Devil being ever in the details:

"Same bad practices" was mentioned. Since the species lacks a fairwitness, there'd have to be some tedious lists of what exactly the phrase (legally) means - don't know how the Brits handled that 'detail', but after all, it's their base-laws which spawned our'n.

Why proscribe their "try.. and try.. again"? Simple: if others' $,\ufffd are involved, as in a public company (here) then oversight is not optional. (I don't know if one could or should protect VCs from themselves, except re blatant fraud). Have we no concept that, a pattern of a certain level of demonstrated irresponsibility constitutes grounds for disqualification for further forays in like manner ? It's just how you generate the legalese to implement this idea. Difficult - not unthinkable.

No?

Ashton

Guess I'd best see what the Brit. laws says - especially about the subtle differences between premeditated fraud and terminal dumbth.
     Now here's some Brit. law we could really use! - (Ashton) - (3)
         I dunno, Ash... - (imric)
         It could use a better description of the law... - (hnick)
         The idea remains good.. but then there are humans. - (Ashton)

Are you a Brother of the Conch too??
175 ms