IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ESX Server/vmtools question.
We just had ESX Server 2.5.2 installed. I installed Red Hat 4.0 Advanced Server and can't get the mouse to work properly. It's jerking all over the place. IIRC, I had a similar problem with VMware workstation once, but cannot recall how I fixed it. Any idears?
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Nevermind.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Whaddya mean "Nevermind"?!?
What happened? Howja fix it?

Some of us pay attention to the tirals and tribulations of First Responders....
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Okay, I'll formally state I'm an idiot.
The thing is my work machine is Fedora Core 4. I run VMWare workstation for the necessary XPee stuff I still support and have to use (corporate standard tools). That's where I ran afoul of reason. I downloaded the Windows version of the vmware-console tool into that XP vm. Mouse no worky - too many layers of virtualization I suppose. Download it to a "real" XP workstation it works. Happily, I'm using the linux version of vmware-console now and it works splendidly. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New Thanx!
(P.S. If that's what it takes to be an official idiot, then count me in the semi-moron category! Sheesh!)
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

ESX Server/vmtools question. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
         Nevermind. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Whaddya mean "Nevermind"?!? - (jb4) - (2)
                 Okay, I'll formally state I'm an idiot. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Thanx! - (jb4)

Where the decent people won’t see what you’re up to.
41 ms