IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Which "here" is that?
California almost literally manufactures food. No gas = no food.

It would not be hard to make food more expensive here than it is in most of the rest of the world.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Hm, good point
OTOH, if gas goes away, so do our big sprawling cities, which can help a lot of the petroleum requirement for food go away too.

Of course, an unstated given in that is that I won't be eating California strawberries anymore. Then again, Prince Edward County strawberries are pretty damn good, if only available for a couple of months a year. Eating will become much more seansonal in nature, and people will eat from close by instead of across the continent. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

The "here" that I meant was North America. Given equivalent techs, food here will be cheaper than in Europe, Africa, and Asia thanks to our low populations and comparatively unspoiled land.

Of course, here in Canada, we've got it in spades, and global warming will probably improve that situation for us (though of course that's far from certain).
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     Kids dial India for online tutoring - (lincoln) - (16)
         The great flattening is beginning - (jake123) - (15)
             Pancake Time - How Flat does it get? - (gdaustin) - (14)
                 Pancakes indeed, no syrup - (imqwerky) - (1)
                     Congrats - (Ashton)
                 Pretty flat - (jake123) - (2)
                     Which "here" is that? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Hm, good point - (jake123)
                 There will always be disparities. - (Another Scott)
                 Don't look to Asia . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                     Good morning, Sunshine - (drewk) - (4)
                         Timestamp - no Wheaties involved. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                         YM "shat", didn't you? HTH! -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Read - (inthane-chan)
                         I see it the same way - (tuberculosis)
                     two words narco-trafficant, new career path -NT - (boxley)
                 ...what a Pakistani bricklayer calls "prosperity"... -NT - (inthane-chan)

We have a moral imperative.
47 ms