IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Might this be related?
The fog is pretty dense out there regarding XML, XSL and character encoding. But maybe [link|http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=OJ7Za1ioAHA.1320%40tkmsftngp04&rnum=20&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DSystem%2Bdoes%2Bnot%2Bsupport%2Bthe%2Bspecified%2Bencoding%2BUTF-16%26hl%3Den%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN|this] is related to what is happening on your end. After all, the 40th character is past the closing ">"

If I read the ng's right, the 'encoding="UTF-16"' bit implies the entire XML document is UTF-16 encoded. If that's not the case, the parser will not like it.
New Thought so, but alas, no
Looked long and hard at it with the developer, and for the first few minutes thought that was the fix. But it wasn't.

We did some more digging and testing. Now I don't even think the error message we are receiving is accurate. The error is happening when we load the xml document into the xml parser via the asp code. That's failing and ultimately we receive the utf-16 not supported message. But, when we manually load a known utf-16 document, that portion works.

So something is preventing the problem xml document from being loaded. The entirely-MS system is telling is it's because utf-16 is not supported, but that's not the real reason.

I have to put this down a few days because we have a release coming out.

Thanks for the help,
Brian Bronson
     How can I add support for UTF-16 encoding to Winders... - (bbronson) - (6)
         Should be there? - (scoenye) - (5)
             Wonderful contradictory MSDN - (bbronson) - (4)
                 Try these - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     I had seen both of those, don't think they apply - (bbronson)
                 Might this be related? - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Thought so, but alas, no - (bbronson)

Anything that ugly should die and be eaten at breakfast.
38 ms