[link|http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9741900/|No Faith Required?]

A

Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New Devolution
At this rate, the [link|http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/10/18/nutcracking.gorillas.ap/index.html|Nut-Cracking Gorillas] will bypass the Nut Case Designers.
New clams got legs! ID as a philosophy explains the gorillas
but is philosophy a science?
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New ID Philosophy
Slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one.
New lazers, morning of day 2 I beleive
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Fish!__- - fish can be trained
Saw it on Nova's science summary.

(Latest field: surgery for pet fish, of which there are more than pet cats, dogs.)

What Happens When an Intelligent Designer Goes Bonkers?

New What happens? IWETHEY...
New Nawwww. That'd hafta be
What happens when a Supery Dupery Telescoopery Intelligent Design Goes Bonkers.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New ID is not religious, yet only the devout christians push it.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New ID - only consists of denigrating another theory
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
New ID - no model and not trying to build a model - not science
Matthew Greet

New I think of it as: ~how much language-murder we now tolerate.

New ID is at least as sound as astrology, Ash.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Well, we sorta know what 'is' is - but 'sound'?
Since they're both metaphors for a Mystery as cannot be 'explained', and sound as adj. connotes quite a range of nuance.. most of which are a pretty long stretch -
I'd point out one practical difference:

There's some utility to examining the accuracy of personality quirks suggested by 'astrology'. The idea may even be tested in a scientific manner, once one decides what a "competent astrologer" is like, as with a "competent shrink". It ain't all about numbers, you know (as I thought we had been through n times.)

OTOH The only utility I can see of the selling of the ID scheme is - as another soothing wishfulness that, ~ when I Talk to God - SURELY She Will Listen! See? these 'Scientific' Theorists tell me so!

Right: YAN distinctly Chrisian-sect fav ontological proof of god cha cha

(If one is into needing that flimsy a reAssurance re one's chosen God-figure, that is.)

If it quacks like Creationism and attracts the same group of politicians - is it Arp\ufffdge?
     Intelligent Design in court - (andread) - (13)
         Devolution - (ChrisR) - (6)
             clams got legs! ID as a philosophy explains the gorillas - (boxley) - (5)
                 ID Philosophy - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     lazers, morning of day 2 I beleive -NT - (boxley)
                 Fish!__- - fish can be trained - (Ashton) - (2)
                     What happens? IWETHEY... -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                         Nawwww. That'd hafta be - (folkert)
         ID is not religious, yet only the devout christians push it. -NT - (warmachine)
         ID - only consists of denigrating another theory -NT - (warmachine)
         ID - no model and not trying to build a model - not science -NT - (warmachine)
         I think of it as: ~how much language-murder we now tolerate. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
             ID is at least as sound as astrology, Ash. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Well, we sorta know what 'is' is - but 'sound'? - (Ashton)

Shock the monkey!
60 ms