IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Several Observations
Box already hit it on the head. They must have money, because anyone with "normal incomes" could not afford this many kids. Heck, I make good money and 3 drain me dry.

Second, I doubt, seriously, that he's even changed 5% of the diapers. I changed closer to 40% with my 3.

Little league and soccer are out of their league.

I want to know who cooks and cleans. I really would NOT like to see their house.

There's no trailer that would hold 'em, except for maybe the Bill Clinton Presidential Library.

Baker's dozen and three?

Glen
Expand Edited by gdaustin Oct. 15, 2005, 11:07:04 AM EDT
New Coming from a large family, there is a trick
Older siblings take care of younger ones. And the household.

This doesn't work until you have a couple of older ones. But once you do, you get an assembly line. I'd warrant at least 80% of diaper changes got done by siblings. Kids also do the bulk of the cleaning, and likely the cooking as well.

At least that is how it worked in my family.

If you want to teach free enterprise, do as my uncle Bill did. He had 7 sons and one daughter. In his family the chores all had price tags attached. Every week the price tag went up until that chore got done. His kids really learned the value of a buck, and several went on to be successful entrepeneurs. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New little bassars around here would wait for 100k to clean room
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Bet?
While they waited, they would get no allowance. No candies. No treats. Nothing.

Then whoever broke first would have a ton of allowance and everyone else would have nothing. And no prospect of anything.

After this happens a couple of times, they learn that it is worthwhile to do chores. Unless they are truly uneducable. After that the finer cost/benefit analysis of deciding when it is worthwhile sets in. Which is a game of figuring out what it is worth to you, and when someone else is likely to beat you to the punch.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New allowances, whats that?
Just steal it is one childs philosophy, here or elsewhere,
another doesnt give a rats ass, just plays guitar all day
third has found that demanding a needed item about 300 times a day, writes notes about his demands and posts them everywhere (not large demands) and wears my wife down, I just snarl at him to get a job.
The little one learns well "they dont do it I wont! either" track is the latest. I dont buy candy or treats. My wife doesnt have the sheer will I have to totally ignore their screaming whining bitching.

You do realize that your example was based in a "everything is mine" culture as my wife is from the "we have something, share it out to everyone" philosophy.

The everything is mine comment is simply an assumption on my part that the family parents worked so between them "owned" the household and the kids had no say.
thamx.
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
New Cultural mismatch
What I described is a way of teaching kids to be entrepeneurial. Mixing that with "share everything" doesn't exactly work.

However if your wife and you both shared the attitude that my aunt and uncle have, I'll bet your juvenile delinquents would have turned out to be different people. I'm not saying that they wouldn't have turned out to be juvenile delinquents - I don't know about my cousins, but my brother who lived with that family for a while still wound up in a car theft ring. But they would be different. (Note: that brother also wound up running several successful businesses later in life. Coincidence?)

Cheers,
Ben
New just one delinquent thanx
Im not surprised by your brother, many criminals I have known with the exception of the stickup types spent a lot of time and energy to make a dishonest dollar. One person I have in mind would be a millionaire many times over if he put the same energy into running a legit business.
thanx,
bill

New He does.
Saw on the teev the other day a longer report imported from other there. He's a real-estate developer, I think.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
New Yeah, that's what it says in the linked story too.
     Observation - (bionerd) - (24)
         I was gonna say something earlier - (imqwerky) - (1)
             And did you notice, they want more little Buggars - (jbrabeck)
         Do you blame your ex's new wife for your divorce? - (warmachine) - (2)
             Certainly not. - (bionerd) - (1)
                 As Groucho Said - (andread)
         Is that some sort of platypus on her head??? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
             No, I think a beaver up and died there. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 That's so wrong on so many levels... -NT - (jb4)
         Father's name: Jim Bob. 'Nuff said. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         hey you are missing the logical side - (boxley) - (12)
             Spoken like a Plugger, I guess. Bathtub or sink-plug fetish? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                 are you refering to Joan Rivers Teats? -NT - (boxley)
             Several Observations - (gdaustin) - (8)
                 Coming from a large family, there is a trick - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                     little bassars around here would wait for 100k to clean room -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                         Bet? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             allowances, whats that? - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Cultural mismatch - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     just one delinquent thanx - (boxley)
                 He does. - (static) - (1)
                     Yeah, that's what it says in the linked story too. -NT - (CRConrad)
             And if not, there's always medical research... -NT - (scoenye)
         Why.. that's the zack same hair 'style' as - (Ashton)
         The other half of GWB's "base", you know. -NT - (n3jja)

Oh right, your thing. Yeah, that stinks.
106 ms