Eloquently stated

Could apply to myriad 'families' - especially in repressive, Authoritarian Puritan-based cultures. (Though that's not essential - it sure Helps.)

AH - the Anger. Good, burns out the festerin pustules (Nice Girls don't get 'angry' - they said.)

Those are ALL Good Questions, IMhO and the fact that they are so rarely Asked - well, see above. It's cathartic though, ever to scrounge up the words, line them up in some order and ... Say Them! (No ??)

There's nothing Quite as exhausting as trying to parry the poly-syllabic thrusts of one or more practised Control Freaks: trying to reprogram your psyche, so you will next be ... *complaisant

* accommodating, compliant, deferential, obliging, submissive

And while you are in this freshly-clear-headed State, you have a (rare) opportunity: that of not needing to go through this process again - at least not with This Group (and.. if you 'Remember Yourself' - maybe not with any sub-group or, any new set.)

Think about it (all.)

And notice how, even hints of such Questions arising-inside, ~~

[Who the Fuck ARE these people I just wasted a perfectly fine autumn weekend - pretending 'solidarity' with?]
-let alone the next Question-

[Why The Fuck should I *ever* put self in this position, again ??]

--> are so instantly suppressed: usually with some High School psych doggerel tape running inside the jelloware ~

B-B-but they are FAMILY! I. Must.

Right?

So then: congrats!
It might have been You whom you found to be "at fault"; buffering the situation to absolve self of blame! (did I mention, yada yada?)
Endless possibilities for new suffering, there.

I'd suggest only: that you relish the sense of Freedom - for as long as it takes to be really sure: that you Do much prefer life without this "intricate, time-wasting repetitive burdenyoucan'tescape-ever."

When you're Sure you prefer all that free time and free emotional space for New Stuff- More?

Ah Then:
You can take your time (so as to make it short, get it down to a pithy al-punte message) and maybe USPS Mail it. Or: a couple variations? - for those who don't speak the same grade of English as yours.

It could be as complex as, You can't fire me - I quit. Maybe in a year or so, we can talk. If not - it can't be helped. Bye.

Or as simple as: For now: Goodbye.

(You need not 'explain' Anything. You 'Owe' - nothing. It matters not what 'they' expect. Really, it doesn't - and besides, explanations Never work in such inbred situations, with years of Expectations.)

So then, while deciding - why not celebrate? Let the Freedom settle in.
You'll find you have lots more energy than you've seen in years.
Hint: these scenarios have happened before. (Betcha Laura can fill in any blanks..)

HTH,

A.
Been there. Said goodbye. It was Good. (It is still Good.)