IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Once upon a time they had decent support.
Expensive, but really good. Of course, now I'm showing my age - IBM support has SUCKED for the last 15 years at least. My tape drive failed this spring; apparently it had failed before, and IBM replaced it 3 times before they got a working model in. Anyway, IBM did remote diag, and decided to replace it.

And replace it.

And replace it.

And replace it.

Two days between each delivery; I had to do backups across the network ferfuckssakes!

I am certain that they took my old drive, did some half-assed and ineffective repairs, and floated it back out to customers; next time the damned thing fails it's gonna take 5 replacements.

Once, SEs knew what was going on, now? Now, they DO act like MS - Problem? Replace the HW and IPL... Shit.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New "Least Cost Routing"
Is what the telcos call it. Except now it applies to Service Engineers.

"Least Cost People" is what it is all about. They keep losing people that know to customers that want someone that *CAN*. IBM then cannot find an "as effective" replacement, therefore call the employment agency and round up someone who knows how to porposely operate the "Ohh-Enn-Ohh-Eff-Eff" switch and can "ewes" a Blackberry. (baaa-aaa-aaaa-aaa-a-a-a-a-)
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;\n\n0 rows returned.
     I(gnorant) B(astard) M(orons) - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         Why don't you tell us how you really feel? -NT - (jake123)
         Once upon a time they had decent support. - (imric) - (1)
             "Least Cost Routing" - (folkert)

Hey, that's MY pie.
45 ms