IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mozilla 1.7.12 (Suite)
- for us Reactionaries in all things software.. not attracted by New! Incendiary-type model names.

Noticed a few builds since my 1.7.8 (which I thought.. had been meant to be The Last.) Also noticed, over last few weeks (and only at IWE):

1) The previously mentioned "hitch in the getalong" - in loading a forum -

Load some lines | pause | load the rest.. maybe a tad slower than long ago?

2) Recently strange editing behavior - sometimes arrow keys no workee: (but just *here*)

Sometime no cut&paste (yet would paste OK in Notepad, x-pad or other).
ie: ^V == no effect, yet it Was on the clipboard fershure.

So I got 1.7.12

(Did I mention? - I Love that Moz is a Treat to upgrade! Not once Evah - has it glitched, lost cfg, mail, or otherwise reminded of Redmond QC. And.. I haven't given each Install a new profile, as seemed nice early-on - just 'Remove' -- but not the whole Directory. Then install in the usual trice.

Seems snappier - but then the car runs better after a wash job, too.
So far - forum loading now appears back to Normal; ditto editing.. but it's early. Then too - how/why/what ?? Could Die within 1.7.8 - if it Was Moz suddenly badly-relating to poor doddering eczemic Zope?

Since nobody else (except A Scott) seems to have seen the hitch -- Oh Well.

Time to send a couple $$ to the Moz troops. What WAS Tabbed Browsing "worth" ??
Some of those $$ not sent Redmondwards in many a moon. {cackle}
Think of them as ~ NPR: you don't Have-to pay .. if you're a creep.

EOF

New Re: Mozilla 1.7.12 (Suite) after use; One query.
Hitch-in-getalong remains re the loading of foribuses. Most often - still in two stages, a redraw of first try.

Odd new glitch though; is it moi, Moz, Zope or my Arp\ufffdge?

Occasionally, now more frequently -
Navigation within Compose box appears to go South. ie, ignores <,^,>,V keys.
(A couple times, cut/paste also ignored - but OK at time: in any other ap than IWE post.)
Can still position w/ mouse. No apparent ill effects in saving, etc.
Ring anyone's chimes?

(Oh and - still, a couple of msvcrt.dll crashes; that's a low frequency compared with 1.7.8 though.)
Original distro .dll had already been reloaded from CD. Guess no one else here on Doze version has seen this crash; likely I'm only one still on 9.x

I gave up on obtaining a particular-vers. nicely linked-to by A Scott: as The Beast would supply that, only inextirpably / ie deeply-within about a 25 MB d/l of something creepy to do with Visual-somethingorother. You had to take the entire bloat to get this tiny file. Maybe I shall find someday that V.x.nnnn really does stop eating Moz. But not on dial-up.

Mozilla 1.7.12 (Suite) - (Ashton) - (1)
         Re: Mozilla 1.7.12 (Suite) after use; One query. - (Ashton)

Escape from the prison planet!
33 ms