IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Slightly OT Gore is coming back
going to setup and rebuild his base for next time. Hope the Democrats head him off at the pass because if I see his smilin butt I will vote next time. Cant the fscking Dems get a clue that trotting out old unwanted is not a good idea? Try anew face, new idea;s Bill Bradley, John Edwards, etc. If Gore shows up it means the presidency is about who gets a turn not who has a vision for america.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Geez Bill, John Edwards is just another Clinton.
He's another "pretty boy" Slick Willy lawyer, having made millions from law suits. He worked hard to make sure HMOs can be sued big time. He is working hard to build up a support base all over the country. Many of his appearances are out of state. He did speak to the NATIONAL BAPTIST CONGRESS of CHRISTIAN EDUCATION in Charlotte. [link|http://www.senate.gov/~edwards/press/baptist.html|Speech]
Not exactly the folks that had voted for him. Pandering bastard.

Yes, he is my senator, but not by my choice. I'm watching him closly.

Hey, Lieberman would be a better Demo choice. At least, he's got integrity.

Alex
New Silly question...
Why shouldn't you be able to sue an HMO?
New It was not just a question of suing.
Suing for damages was never the issue. It was the unlimited punitive part that Edwards wanted badly for his trial lawyer friends. It's a cash cow. Medical professionals screw up and the lawyers reap rewards.

You need to remember that such costs eventually get passed directly or indirectly to the HMO consumers.

Alex
New unlimited damges is important bu not for lawyers
punitive damages are not for medical mistakes but knowingly cutting corners to make money. Denying benefits that are allowed under the contract. Not informing a patient of an allowed treatment just to make more money. Etc. Without unlimited damage say a cap at 500k the HMO says OK if I fsck with 2000 people, only get noticed 25 times, settle with 22 of them and pay the 500k cap and I can still make money. If you do not think they operate that way you would be wrong. Unlimited punitive damages are scary because if they get caught and go to trial without settlement they could be bankrupt. This is also part of the marketplace of Capitalism.
thanx,
bill
New Re: important for lawyers - "Progress Through Litigation".
PTL - it has a ring to it. Look, these guys get 40% of the judgement amount. Maybe that needs to be capped. These are wasted medical care dollars. As is, the medical community has a lot of wasteful CYA paperwork and tests.

The problem is that often the juries award huge amounts, out of proportion to actual damages, that the HMO subscribers wind up eventually paying. If this was Sears or General Electric, I would agree with you 100%. But a relationship you have with an HMO, especially if your employer doesn't give you a choice, may be different. To a degree they're in the boat with you. We need better ways to make them act responsibly.

How about a death penalty for the individual(s) responsible for a any policy or practice that results in the avoidable death of a patient. And, similar proportionate jail time penalties for medical injuries. Of course, damages would still have to be paid for.
Alex
New if yer gonna cap cap the contingency percentage
no problem there.
thanx,
bill
New Silly question...
Why shouldn't you be able to sue an HMO?
New He is on the right side of privacy on the net
he is a family man married to the original wife with no "published" hint of scandal, is very well spoken and he is a trial lawyer, so what. When I spoke to him when he first ran I was impressed. I am not easily impressed.
Leiberman showed his colors via farrekahn. His standards are simple, suck up to the failed policies of the past.
thanx,
bill
New Re: Privacy on the net -- Yep, not all bad.
Alex
New Why is my constitutional right
to redress my wrongs in court being violated by republicans?
thanx,
bill
New See my comment to Jester, above.
I'm not surprised you were impressed by Edwards. He's good with juries too. And he gets his way. He plays people like a virtuoso play a piano. Slick!

The failed Republican amendment was not limiting recovery of loss, it was limiting the punitive damages portion. The Repo claim was that the higher policy costs will cause small businesses to cancel HMO coverage for their employees. I don't know how valid the claim is. We'll see.

Personally, at additional cost to myself, I avoid HMOs for my medical coverage. Coming in the doctor's door I want to look like Revenue not an Expense.
Alex
New I'd rather look like a patient.
     Florida vote counting revisited. - (a6l6e6x) - (48)
         err you are confused - (boxley) - (3)
             Interesting.. - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 Re: Interesting.. - (jp)
                 nope all amil was shipped via mil transpo - (boxley)
         And more. - (mmoffitt) - (43)
             I love this stuff... - (bepatient) - (29)
                 Um... - (Simon_Jester) - (26)
                     Speaking of lost... - (addison) - (25)
                         Well, I will admit '96 was better than '92... - (Simon_Jester) - (24)
                             I'm still lost. - (addison) - (22)
                                 Where there was disputes back in '92? - (Simon_Jester) - (21)
                                     I don't see that as the same thing. - (addison) - (16)
                                         Okay, I'm lost now... - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
                                             Don't get eaten by a grue. - (addison) - (6)
                                                 Slow down there pilgrim... :-) - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                     Re: Slow down there pilgrim... :-) - (addison) - (4)
                                                         Okay...point by point... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                             Back to the main point - (addison) - (2)
                                                                 You're right.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                     Thanks. - (addison)
                                             Still a difference - (drewk) - (7)
                                                 the votes dont matter anyway in Florida - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     That is the real issue. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         Well I like the current system sorta - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             I don't think the Justices could be impeached. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                 that is the only way you can get rid of them - (boxley)
                                                             "3 votes per" - spoken like true Alaskan. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                 50*3+14DC!/2 :) -NT - (boxley)
                                     Re: Where there was disputes back in '92? - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                         Which I find interesting... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                             In Both - (Steve Lowe)
                                             Re: Which I find interesting... - (rsf)
                             That'd be a first! - (mmoffitt)
                 "the Dems are going to spend the next 3 years stuck in y2k" - (DonRichards)
                 Re: I love this stuff... - (a6l6e6x)
             Slightly OT Gore is coming back - (boxley) - (12)
                 Geez Bill, John Edwards is just another Clinton. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                     Silly question... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         It was not just a question of suing. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             unlimited damges is important bu not for lawyers - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Re: important for lawyers - "Progress Through Litigation". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     if yer gonna cap cap the contingency percentage - (boxley)
                     Silly question... - (Simon_Jester)
                     He is on the right side of privacy on the net - (boxley) - (1)
                         Re: Privacy on the net -- Yep, not all bad. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Why is my constitutional right - (boxley) - (2)
                         See my comment to Jester, above. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             I'd rather look like a patient. -NT - (mmoffitt)

We got the same old show.
174 ms