IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Everquest and Linux
Does WINE run Everquest? My brother is getting tired of Windows crashing on him a lot. Rather than him buy Windows XP and hope it works, I told him that OS/2 and Linux have the ability to run some 32 bit Windows programs and are much more stablier than Windows is.

Also is there a Linux client for Everquest? I thought at one time I heard they were develping one?

"Before Christmas it is 'Ho ho ho', after Christmas it is 'Owe owe owe'" - Santa Norm
New Re: Everquest and Linux
All I can say is you can try Transgamings WineX. It may work, it may not. They have had great success with alot of games, Shattered Galaxy, Ultima Online, SIMS online... most of all this stuff just takes time to get it to work. Things seems to work well mostly.

Auto update actually works for Ultima Online. Alot of good things alot of bad, Everquest MAY work.

Alot of the installs barf on "post-install shportcut creates" also, they sometime puke on directory creation. SO just make all the directories needed and then re-install. Work like a charm most of the time.

Just to make sure you understand, there are no guarantees that it'll work. Alot of coulds and shoulds.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
     Everquest and Linux - (nking) - (1)
         Re: Everquest and Linux - (folkert)

You can’t fight math. I’ve tried. I lost.
47 ms