IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thems fightin words...
Calling me a DIT? You bastard!

I think they got that whole Renaissance thang all wrong. Butchano, Leonardo was a much better scientist than philosopher. I think? I just feel that sometimes you are an intellectual opportunist (highya) and I think you know how I feel about false hope.
You read Vonnegut's newest yet? </tangent>

I think you and I best just practice Royal Astronomy and leave the thinking to the sharper young minds. Just my opinion... It would be a pity for this society to have an intellectual philosophical debate on being. Just being. I think. It would be UD (Unintelligently Designed).

Remember all that feel good hippy shit (in context of Pete Townshend's Psychoderelict)?
Just a few thoughts,

Danno - putting the "fun" back in fundamentalism before putting Descartes before des horses (I think).

;-)

I think I am therefor I am. I think.

G. Carlin
New Re: Thems fightin words...
Ah, fellow-DIT - you means, A Man Without a Country I guess. Hell, I've been lobbying 'ol Kurt via the Cosmic subspace Whine Machine - for years. Haven't got this one, but I fear that the Schlachthaus Funf brilliance hath bedimmed. Guess I gotta find out; surely he'll have a few incisive disembowellments of the robot-Neoconmen and their lackeys - should be worth a giggle, but won't be read by the self-infatuated anyway.

How many more Ways can he say it? We're a menace to all living creatures, once past learning how to build a fire. We eat our young or train-em up to be as dense as we (which may be the less merciful course? on a prison planet populated by loonies.)

You're prolly right.. let the tads grow-up beyond their seeking of algorithms as-if Holy Grail Mk II. Or not. Besides I doubt one Can 'teach Thinking', or even much about thinking - at all. It's Work and we are a play-oriented final-civilization in its throes. (If I weren't quite too lazy to rise at 5am daily, I might seek a nunnery - 'cept I hear they're running out of housekeepers too..)

Got Pratchett?
(Him I'd elect President in an augenblick. One of few Original minds still breathing? Punster, yes - but just his indulgence.)
He's nailed homo-sap, and retains the necessary cosmic humour - for survival of the sufficiently mirth-filled. I must now ration his opera, as it is not infinite in extent :( Going Postal just now, with the "clacks" == his version of skewering er 'Communications Technology' cha cha cha

Stay well; don't Believe stuff - especially de moi!

Neither a Quixote nor a Panza be; invisibility is the best a man can achieve in an asylum.

The more real we get the more unreal everything else is.
-- John Lennon

I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called 'brightness', but it doesn't work.
-- Gallagher

I'm trying to be scientific about the ineffable and all you can think of is your schwantz.
-- Ross.
     LMFAO - brought from Flame OFF - (danreck) - (5)
         ICLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
         Pshaw Danno - thou Readst vastly much into a trivial Attaboy - (Ashton) - (2)
             Thems fightin words... - (danreck) - (1)
                 Re: Thems fightin words... - (Ashton)
         Pious LRPD - He didn't even take a pamphlet. -NT - (Ashton)

Somewhat classier digs than the last version.
74 ms