IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not so hard -
You are (I infer) doing 'valuable' work for this group. A PhD in linguistics is irrelevant; your prose is understandable - this is about Style, ego and a propensity to meddle (for whatever internal reasons - you don't Need to know or even to care about.)

Tell her to back off - or
(I still like the Pecksniff ploy; it's a decent non-racy variant of Nobody fucks with Paul Lazzaro! - if you happened to read/see Slaughterhouse Five.)

or- "this is my Two Weeks notice - I'm retiring from the job."

As my Mater used to say, "you can be as easy as an old shoe and worth as little."
(And any 'suffering' over this twit's stupid chatter: is, remember: self-inflicted ie Intentional Suffering. That's also a popular pastime. But ____.)

New Re: Not so hard -
As my Mater used to say, "you can be as easy as an old shoe and worth as little."

(And any 'suffering' over this twit's stupid chatter: is, remember: self-inflicted ie Intentional Suffering. That's also a popular pastime. But ____.)

Yeah, I get that at least. I know I only started hurting about it when I started to let myself truly care about her opinion earlier this year... she's been married to my brother for years and I never cared a whit about her opinion, nor her about mine, and it was fine then.... problem is, we are trying to forge a working relationship now, and silly me, I thought we were succeeding.. not sure now, really I'm not. I just wish I knew how to turn off the "care" switch, it takes a lot for someone to push me till I don't, and she has quite a way to go. Although she is beginning to remind me of that other person whom-used-to-be-on-here-and-is-gone now... who made me crazy for years.

Thanks Ashton, I'm truly trying to get a grasp on this situation, because I don't need all the physical symptoms this mess is causing me lately. But addressing it with her head on from now on, seems like a good way to start. :)

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Dupe: ignore, ISP hiccupped during send mode

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 23, 2005, 02:23:36 AM EDT
     Inquiring of the Grammar Gods here - (Nightowl) - (52)
         Tell SIL to sit on a stick and spin. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             "sit and spin" is the only completely corrtect answer. - (Silverlock)
             Seconded -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Thirded. - (static)
             Fourthed?!? - (jb4)
         Your writing is fine. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Positive Update :) - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Like yer .sig! -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                     Thanks, me too! - (Nightowl)
             What,there's a difference?You can't enjoy trying to help?:-) -NT - (CRConrad)
         Suggested riposte, if you want this to Cease (?) - (Ashton) - (4)
             That's the hardest part, Ashton - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 Not so hard - - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Re: Not so hard - - (Nightowl)
                     Dupe: ignore, ISP hiccupped during send mode -NT - (Nightowl)
         She's an ass****e - (broomberg) - (1)
             Re: She's an ass****e - (Nightowl)
         A suggestion - (jbrabeck) - (4)
             :-) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Hahahah! - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Price List: - (Ashton)
             :-) -NT - (jb4)
         Peter's Rewrite, FWIW: - (pwhysall) - (1)
             s/coagulate/rigor-mortisize/ :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         You're fine, but giving her too much time - (hnick) - (8)
             Agreed - (Nightowl) - (7)
                 Hmmm...I always thought: "those that can't teach, teach gym" -NT - (jb4) - (6)
                     Well, yeah... but we were talking about writing... - (hnick)
                     Nope, My sister the middle school teacher's coffee cup says - (Silverlock) - (4)
                         I was just being a smartass. - (hnick) - (3)
                             Those that can't teach gym - (imric) - (1)
                                 Explains Der Karl nicely! Thanx- -NT - (jb4)
                             Being a smartass? On this board? No. Say it isn't so. - (Silverlock)
         Twain quote - (drewk) - (2)
             Voltaire(?) quote - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 "I am retuning this paper. Someone wrote on it." no origin -NT - (hnick)
         Late than never I suppose - (boxley) - (4)
             Never heard of it - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 google foo is weak, however - (boxley) - (2)
                     Here ya go. 13 kB img. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Ain't it da Truff... - (Ashton)
         Re: Is it redundant? - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
             If I've told you once - - (Ashton) - (9)
                 Owl Vs SIL Round 1, Owl. - (Nightowl) - (8)
                     Worse than Ashtonese or Boxlish? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                         what part of "oh fine you write the dam thing" - (boxley)
                         Explanation - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             {Guffaw!} Award: 1\ufffd Emmys + an Edgar for aptly-hidden Snide! -NT - (Ashton)
                             SILatin - (Nightowl)
                             Combining all your advice, Thanks! - (Nightowl)
                     Epistle, formal letter. Epithet, descriptive, usually... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         (And an epistle may deteriorate into a rant, screed, easily) -NT - (Ashton)

'Cause the music rules.
153 ms