but if asked, would have punted it over here. I think they were mainly dealing with a subset query - a temporary way of d/ling some images of schematics, some already in this format. Odds are that they could not talk the purveyors of such mostly free services, into a better choice. (I'd have butted out, except for M's gratuitous trashing of O.S., in principle.)

I think I've learned a general lesson re how far non-\ufffd folk usually want to go in reassessing their habits, in light of long-term: the fact that many of Andrew's clients have read (?) his aax material, paid to have fungi eradicated, maybe several times: and elect to do nothing differently. You can't find the subtleties more clearly written, for normal people - than at aax, IME.)

Can't push the river.
But it's still frustrating that the Beast's Rovian propaganda is as effective as it is, even among science trained people. Bet not 1:100 would care to peruse the gist of the GPL, the intent of Copyleft and how that needs first to use the \ufffd laws in its implementation.

Pity that so much of IT matters just doesn't evoke Interest in the usually curious! Maybe it seems too much like bookkeeping. (Hell, if I hadn't played with it; sweated over a trivial problem, finally gotten something to Work == the Carrot - I guess that'd be my attitude, too :(