IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New C++ Builder 5: Shouldn't .h files update automagically?
Hi,

I'm a noob in doing C++ programming, but I'm trying to modify some existing code to add functionality, etc.

I'm using Borland C++ Builder v5 on Win2k.

It seems that quite often I'll modify or create a form, make some code to go with it that uses some static initial testing values (i.e. the objects on the form will be commented out) for values to be taken from the form to get the logic working, and then enable the code to take values from the form. But on compiling the quasi-final version, I'll end up with the .h file for the unit not having the proper prototypes (or whatever the proper term is) for the newly enabled objects on the form.

E.g.

// Calculate Proctor-Sherwood Normalization factor from entered value.
double NORM1; // overflows 32-bit INT if m is too large.
//\tdouble m = 25; // fix for initial testing
double m = StrToInt(Form1->M1->Text); // use double to control type conversion.

---
[C++ Error]spectrometer13.cpp(541): E2316 'M1' is not a member of 'TForm1'

It is too (it's a TEdit edit box)- it's just not listed in spectrometer13.h

Shouldn't doing a Build All take care of things like that? How does one force the .h file to be rebuilt? Do I have to edit it manually? If I delete the .h file, will it be rebuilt properly?

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Probably not but I don't know that tool
Usually, you have to write the .h yourself.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Thanks. That's what I eneded up doing.
     C++ Builder 5: Shouldn't .h files update automagically? - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Probably not but I don't know that tool - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Thanks. That's what I eneded up doing. -NT - (Another Scott)

Ergh... bring me a bucket!
46 ms