IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Same here. But I moved on.
Worked for a Fortune 100 company that did its entire GL with it, also ASN notification (internal and external customers) and personally wrote a golf shop app that handled multiple stores - inventory, barcode, point-of-sale, quoting, etc. Still, unless you're working with very small datasets, it sucks. And, it's moot anyway because it is dead or nearly so.

I was a Clipperhead from 1986-1994.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Grumpfish Lives!

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Hadn't thought of that in years. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Bleargh.
Ever use Zachary?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Nope

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New fun stuff for its day, after working with Oracle the last 2
years I find the suckage rate not to be that bad. Clarify I am not a DBA Im a sysadm who had to support DBA's with differing values of Suck
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     $880.00 for dBASE ??? - (tablizer) - (23)
         Educational version? - (warmachine) - (1)
             Says edu version expires in one year -NT - (tablizer)
         If they lower the price, will they sell more copies? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Probably more pissed about the dying product ;-) -NT - (admin) - (1)
                 Nothing lasts forever, except Lisp and Lisp fanatics - (tablizer)
         try clipper :-) -NT - (boxley) - (17)
             DOA, too. Now, if you want something along these lines... - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                 xbase is useful, access is just annoying -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                     For very small values of 'useful' ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         wrote automated Grocery store inventory and sales with xbase - (boxley) - (6)
                             Same here. But I moved on. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Grumpfish Lives! -NT - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                     Hadn't thought of that in years. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     Bleargh. - (admin) - (1)
                                         Nope -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                 fun stuff for its day, after working with Oracle the last 2 - (boxley)
                         Beats SQL for some things - (tablizer)
                 Gotta register to SEE prices? Suspicious - (tablizer) - (3)
                     Huh? Personal is Free for download. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Free version is Linux only - (tablizer) - (1)
                             But you don't have to just to eval it. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
             Clipper is not interactive enough for my tastes -NT - (tablizer)

Holy freakin' cow with a lemonade stand.
53 ms