IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Peter and Pall
We're all familiar with the [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle|Peter principle]: "In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence."

Contributor David Lettvin had a [link|http://tabletalk.salon.com/webx?13@@.596c4f56/8477|beautiful addition to this] on one of Salon's TableTalk forums back in June:
I actually subscribe to the notion that every employee sinks to his superior's level of incompetence.

Call it "The Pall Principle".
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New Unfortunately, those two mean no Merry :-(
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New TCFW
too clever for words!

/me likes!

Peace,
Amy

Pray for the survivors of Katrina.
     Actual Timelines - (tuberculosis) - (50)
         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Good links. Thanks. - (mmoffitt)
         Major difference - (bepatient) - (44)
             Important to illustrate cabinet members priorities - (tuberculosis) - (42)
                 As opposed to the current spate - (bepatient) - (41)
                     That's true - (Silverlock) - (33)
                         Tone and tenor - (bepatient) - (32)
                             I guess the reason I focus so much on the fed is . . . - (Silverlock) - (30)
                                 No, it's not understandable. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Right. - (bepatient) - (28)
                                     I Imagine he completes the same amount of work at either - (boxley) - (1)
                                         nice nuance there box ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                     "Now, watch this drive." Ring any bells? - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                         Oooh - (bepatient) - (23)
                                             Nice try at re-writing history, again. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                 Yeah...but wasn't that - (bepatient) - (21)
                                                     Funny how they keep throwing Rove in there, isn't it? -NT - (SpiceWare) - (20)
                                                         He seems to be the master of all things - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                             Chief Minister of Propaganda, Anyhow -NT - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                                                                 smacks of "PC" around here -NT - (SpiceWare) - (9)
                                                                     Honest reporting != PC. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                         explain this thread then - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                                                                             Switch topics entirely, nice job of misdirection. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                                 You're the one that brought up Rove - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                                                                     Context is everything. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                         Yeah, right - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                                                             And I thought you were playing along at home. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         ROFLMAO - (bepatient)
                                                                         that gnawing feeling on your right butt cheek - (boxley)
                                                             You mean, he lied to YOU, too?!? ;-) -NT - (jb4)
                                                         Funny how they keep throwing Monica in there, isn't it? - (jb4) - (6)
                                                             We know he did Monica - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                                                 No, but I probably can find him working **against** it. -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                     So Todd's working for Rove now? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                                         Swing. Miss. - (jb4)
                                                             Not mine? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                 :-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     Yes, "on vacation" - (Silverlock)
                             Such as this one - (SpiceWare)
                     Yes everybody screwed up - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                         Here's what the Texas Catholic has to say. - (imqwerky) - (5)
                             Peter and Pall - (GBert) - (2)
                                 Unfortunately, those two mean no Merry :-( -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                     TCFW - (imqwerky)
                             Great summing-up. Thanx Amy, you - - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Surprisingly - (imqwerky)
             The Right also didn't quote Bush.... - (Simon_Jester)
         interesting comparison... - (cforde) - (2)
             exactly what I have been saying -NT - (boxley)
             I love the phrase... - (ben_tilly)

And if I'm just going for effect, I might as well wear a tie. And pants.
149 ms