IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Read a paper
All of a sudden...talk radio seems to be what people are calling "mainstream media"

Would have thought better from you.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New This too
[link|http://torrent.crooksandliars.com/cnn_lt_pelosi_kyra_defends_bush_050908a.wmv.torrent|http://torrent.crook...0908a.wmv.torrent] (WMV Torrent)

This is not so much biased as completely inept. The reporter seems to have an attention deficit of some sort as she is unable to stay on topic and keeps interrupting Pelosi with things like "but wouldn't space alien hydro-rays still have the same effect" (small exaggeration - sosumi).

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New ICLRPD. (new thread)
Created as new thread #224119 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=224119|ICLRPD.]
New Hey Mr. Stat- Man, play a Red Herring for me, for it's...
Ah, so Those are the rules: the ones left who buy and read a 'daily paper' -
('Course that does leave Faux news in there, along with 700 Club, Clear Channel, [1]Christian Broadcasting Corp. et al. 'Mainstream Media' = millions, right?)

And we're going to just elide them survey things which indicate just how many get their News+views Only: predigested from their fav Shouting Heads, in '05 Murica.

Point of Order, then.

[1] BTW - ya never got back to me about when you Honest mainline Christians we keep hearing about - are going to Take Back the Logo\ufffd\ufffd [??]
(Or are none of us Cleared to be let in on the plans.. as must surely be Marching
---> Onward ??)

New Well then
feel free to change any definition you like to suit your agenda.

From this day forward, Rush Limbaugh is mainstream media. Woohoo.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Toss ya a bone and you
try to make a bludgeon -
*Point*, for the slow: it may no longer be ass-umed, re the mob and its parts -

"The Media says ___"

What DOES constitute 'their'?/an identifiable group's? main sources of ""information""?
'The Media' is as dead a concept as,
"The American People think ___"

(Who'd a thunk - after the death of Father Coughlan.. that so-called Preachers would AGAIN be spoutin around these parts, clips from '30s German speeches, as 'scripture'! AND: that being. eaten. up. by the flock.)

There are only simplistic answers this far - to these questions.
But if/when the Well IS sufficiently poisoned, I predict one thing:

Amoebic dysentery of the jelloware is a strong likelihood.
(Unless it's already here.?. and That's what suppurent jelloware Sounds Like.)

New *whack*
cavemen did use bones as clubs, dontcha know

the term "mainstream media" is used quite a bit. But more and more its being used as an inclusive term to include am talk radio and other fringe elements. While you may think it a dead concept, that concept is bouncing around quite a bit and seems (while maybe on its last breath) still to be very much alive around here.

New Well if ya buy 'Left'/Right' you'll love 'media' I guess

New I tend to agree with Peter
that our discussions are generally "right and righter still"...but around here its simpler to think in terms of right, left...since thats the "common" methodology

New No no-it's "FAR righter" and "even MORE EXTREME right-wing".
New Re: *whack* re Talk Radio
I neglected to mention that factoid heard en passant on NPR, from a survey whose pedigree I didn't hear. Mentioned that in #222404.

1/4 "get their 'news' via talk radio"

SInce it didn't add, "in the Ozarks" or other qualifiers ...
If there's any substance behind that report: Formally add-to-'Media' in defns. file.

Facts and Rumors about the New Orleans response. - (Another Scott) - (58)
         The whitewash is unravelling. - (Simon_Jester) - (52)
             I'd forgotten that haircut - (Ashton) - (51)
                 Monica redux quip / Jon Stewart (new thread) - (Ashton)
                 Are you out of your mind? - (bepatient) - (49)
                     Quite a bit more mean spirited? - (hnick) - (35)
                         Interesting viewpoint - (bepatient) - (34)
                             Umm.. your point here eludes me. - (hnick) - (33)
                                 Single example - (bepatient) - (29)
                                     So to cut to the quick: - (jb4) - (6)
                                         Not so fast fella - (bepatient) - (5)
                                             re: kneejerk reaction emoticon - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 Hmm - (bepatient)
                                             Wait a minute... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                 Joe Scarborough -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Actually - (bepatient)
                                     Ok... - (hnick) - (11)
                                         your idea of a free ride - (boxley) - (7)
                                             That made as much sense as usual :) -NT - (hnick) - (2)
                                                 with you it all depends on who is riding :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Nah... don't like any of them -NT - (hnick)
                                             Oh - you mean like this ride? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                 wouldnt need to be rescued - (boxley)
                                                 I hope this is as accurate as most worldnutdaily stuff. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Ged? So mom & dad were LeGuin (Wizard of Earthsea) fans, eh? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         Re: Ok... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Was thinking more of the Cleveland Plain Dealer - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 Re: Was thinking more of the Cleveland Plain Dealer - (bepatient)
                                     NAACP is not the press - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                         why was hurricane relief by fema in florida so good? - (boxley) - (7)
                                             Simple... - (hnick) - (4)
                                                 so brown must be vanal rather than unqualified, - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     Who says that has to be an exclusive OR? - (jb4)
                                                     Just poor humor. I should have used the sign. - (hnick)
                                                 Why not try - (bepatient)
                                             You mean last year or eight years ago? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                 Last year was all about the election. -NT - (admin)
                                     That reminds me of something I saw many years ago - (jake123)
                                 Some things need to be fleshed out, I think. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     The press has been after Bush sorta like - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Too early to tell. - (inthane-chan)
                     Bush has had a free ride in at least one way - (ben_tilly)
                     Are you? - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Read a paper - (bepatient) - (10)
                             This too - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                             Hey Mr. Stat- Man, play a Red Herring for me, for it's... - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 Well then - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     Toss ya a bone and you - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         *whack* - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Well if ya buy 'Left'/Right' you'll love 'media' I guess -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 I tend to agree with Peter - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     No no-it's "FAR righter" and "even MORE EXTREME right-wing". -NT - (CRConrad)
                                             Re: *whack* re Talk Radio - (Ashton)
         word is getting out - (cforde) - (4)
             I get a 404 error on the link -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 It points here. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     this is beinbg reported this morning on Fox News - (boxley)
                 apparently, some don't like their politics - (cforde)

Hate to have a typo or spelling error made immortal by the LRPD.
172 ms