IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No problem
PHP can run as an adjunct to IIS or Apache, so it's a breeze to add it to the mix - PHP is not a Web Server any more than ASP or CGI is.

JSP can be a little more involved since I've usually run it with TomCat. In the past I've either enabled the MS web server or the Tomcat webserver, but usually not both. Anyhow, it's not hard to set them both up - you just need to make sure they they are set to listen to different ports. Most web servers default to listening to 80 and/or 8080. Just pick the one that's not used or set it to some other address. I think Tomcat has a config file that sets the port number.

Anyhow, as long as the ports are different, they will not interfere with one another - other than speed that is.
New You don't have to isolate Tomcat by port
You can use any regular expression on the filename or (more often) a set of file extensions that you want Tomcat to handle. So, for example, you could have Tomcat handle .jsp files only and IIS handle everything else. You might get a minor performance hit over separate ports (since IIRC all requests then have to be examined by the Tomcat DLL to meet these criteria), but for a training setup I don't think you'd notice.
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
     ASP, JSP, and PHP on the same system - (nking) - (3)
         Not if, but how - (kmself)
         No problem - (ChrisR) - (1)
             You don't have to isolate Tomcat by port - (tseliot)

Hey, that's MY pie.
54 ms