IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Ok...
I believe that he is being branded racist in blogs and fringe publications. Until quite recently, the mainstream press has sucked him off more than Monica ever did for Willie.

Since when did talk radio become the mainstream press?

As long as I can remember, newspapers were mainstream as well. Major net news was mainstream.,,but newsprint moreseo because it is by and large the source for the major networks "breaking stories"

All I see here is Rush this, Hannity that, fox news this...and these statements then used to defend a position that "mainstream media is <insert whatever blah here>" (not you specifically...just a noticeable overall trend)

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Was thinking more of the Cleveland Plain Dealer
which I read daily before I moved and various on line news mags. What I saw there was a parroting of what ever news release was handed to them and a complete lack of critical analysis. It was very rare that anybody critisized Bush off the OpEd pages. Reporting has been either fawning or "The president said blah blah blah". Having reporters ask questions has, until recently, been a lost art. The state of the free press is worth an entire tirade in itself. Which I'm not up for at this time...

I don't think I've ever heard Rush and I don't watch Fox news. Since we stopped getting movie channels, my TV time is down to a few hours a month. I've never really considered TV news jounalism. That just me.
New Re: Was thinking more of the Cleveland Plain Dealer
Ouch. As a veteran of reading that paper, I'd have to agree. But I don't know if their staff is capable of critical analysis either. I hated that paper.

Philly Inq, NYT. LA Times, etc..all qualify...and you can get them online too :-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Facts and Rumors about the New Orleans response. - (Another Scott) - (58)
         The whitewash is unravelling. - (Simon_Jester) - (52)
             I'd forgotten that haircut - (Ashton) - (51)
                 Monica redux quip / Jon Stewart (new thread) - (Ashton)
                 Are you out of your mind? - (bepatient) - (49)
                     Quite a bit more mean spirited? - (hnick) - (35)
                         Interesting viewpoint - (bepatient) - (34)
                             Umm.. your point here eludes me. - (hnick) - (33)
                                 Single example - (bepatient) - (29)
                                     So to cut to the quick: - (jb4) - (6)
                                         Not so fast fella - (bepatient) - (5)
                                             re: kneejerk reaction emoticon - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 Hmm - (bepatient)
                                             Wait a minute... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                 Joe Scarborough -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Actually - (bepatient)
                                     Ok... - (hnick) - (11)
                                         your idea of a free ride - (boxley) - (7)
                                             That made as much sense as usual :) -NT - (hnick) - (2)
                                                 with you it all depends on who is riding :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Nah... don't like any of them -NT - (hnick)
                                             Oh - you mean like this ride? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                 wouldnt need to be rescued - (boxley)
                                                 I hope this is as accurate as most worldnutdaily stuff. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Ged? So mom & dad were LeGuin (Wizard of Earthsea) fans, eh? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         Re: Ok... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Was thinking more of the Cleveland Plain Dealer - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 Re: Was thinking more of the Cleveland Plain Dealer - (bepatient)
                                     NAACP is not the press - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                         why was hurricane relief by fema in florida so good? - (boxley) - (7)
                                             Simple... - (hnick) - (4)
                                                 so brown must be vanal rather than unqualified, - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     Who says that has to be an exclusive OR? - (jb4)
                                                     Just poor humor. I should have used the sign. - (hnick)
                                                 Why not try - (bepatient)
                                             You mean last year or eight years ago? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                 Last year was all about the election. -NT - (admin)
                                     That reminds me of something I saw many years ago - (jake123)
                                 Some things need to be fleshed out, I think. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     The press has been after Bush sorta like - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Too early to tell. - (inthane-chan)
                     Bush has had a free ride in at least one way - (ben_tilly)
                     Are you? - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Read a paper - (bepatient) - (10)
                             This too - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                             Hey Mr. Stat- Man, play a Red Herring for me, for it's... - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 Well then - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     Toss ya a bone and you - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         *whack* - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Well if ya buy 'Left'/Right' you'll love 'media' I guess -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 I tend to agree with Peter - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     No no-it's "FAR righter" and "even MORE EXTREME right-wing". -NT - (CRConrad)
                                             Re: *whack* re Talk Radio - (Ashton)
         word is getting out - (cforde) - (4)
             I get a 404 error on the link -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 It points here. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     this is beinbg reported this morning on Fox News - (boxley)
                 apparently, some don't like their politics - (cforde)

The kids should've been walking to school with EMP lunchboxes.
83 ms