IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bush moves to improve Halliburton's margins
[link|http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/08/news/economy/katrina_wages.reut/|http://money.cnn.com...trina_wages.reut/]

President Bush issued an executive order Thursday allowing federal contractors rebuilding in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to pay below the prevailing wage.

In a notice to Congress, Bush said the hurricane had caused "a national emergency" that permits him to take such action under the 1931 Davis-Bacon Act in ravaged areas of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi.

Bush's action came as the federal government moved to provide billions of dollars in aid, and drew rebukes from two of organized labor's biggest friends in Congress, Rep. George Miller of California and Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts, both Democrats.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Collapse Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:40:56 PM EDT
Bush moves to improve Halliburton's margins
[link|http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/08/news/economy/katrina_wages.reut/|http://money.cnn.com...trina_wages.reut/]

President Bush issued an executive order Thursday allowing federal contractors rebuilding in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to pay below the prevailing wage.

In a notice to Congress, Bush said the hurricane had caused "a national emergency" that permits him to take such action under the 1931 Davis-Bacon Act in ravaged areas of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi.

Bush's action came as the federal government moved to provide billions of dollars in aid, and drew rebukes from two of organized labor's biggest friends in Congress, Rep. George Miller of California and Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts, both Democrats.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New The resemblence of the Berk to Nero continues to increase
First, the Berk "fiddles" while his Empire burns. Now, he'll bring the slaves to rebuild after the fire.

Hey Rand, If you find any place nice to settle down during your trip down under, please let me know. (the letter 'j', followed by the letter 'b', followed by the number four, at burnsgroup dot commercial). thanx-
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Expand Edited by jb4 Sept. 9, 2005, 09:41:28 AM EDT
New that sucks big time :-( sent him an email
Mr. President,
I have heard second hand that you have revoked the Davis Bacon Act for Hurricane Katrina cleanup and rebuilding. That Act sir, was the only chance that the poor unskilled workers, people who handle the bodies and cleanup the excrement would make a decent wage to rebuild everything they have lost. Now thanks to your actions the managers, skilled workers and company officers will make good or better wages than before on the backs of the unskilled.
This is morally wrong and I will guarranty that the bills presented to the government for payment by corporations will not reflect this savings.

As a taxpayer I am happy to support the gauging that goes on in disaster relief work as I know the money stays in the community, now I am extremely unhappy at the way that you have directed this attack against the poor.
Please consider alternatives,
Bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Bush moves to improve Halliburton's margins - (tuberculosis) - (2)
         The resemblence of the Berk to Nero continues to increase - (jb4)
         that sucks big time :-( sent him an email - (boxley)

Zarro Boogs found.
39 ms