IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You could use the "title" attribute of the <a> tag...
...if zIWT weren't set up, for some totally fucking incomprehensible reason(*), to disallow that.

Something like this:

<a href="http://www.example.com/" title="Sooper Seekrit Text Goes Here">&nbsp;</a>

Then you'd get a link to nowhere in the shape of a space (the "nbsp" bit towards the end); your hidden message would pop up as a "hint" (or "tooltip") when the reader rested his mouse upon that invisible link.

:-( But, try to post the above and Z will protest, claiming that attribute is forbidden. Scott: Why??? )-:

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New It is safer that way
It is impossible to come up with a list of all of the attributes that some extension on some browser somewhere might somehow allow to be used as a hook for javascript.

It is easy to say that you shall be allowed to use the attributes that are on an approved list.

It is easy for Scott to add more attributes to that approved list.

Make your requests appropriately.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Ah... You mean nobody has (said they) wanted it before now?
Colour me flabbergasted; I'd have thought it was so intrinsic and elementary a part of the whole tag, I assumed that Scott must have considered -- and rejected -- it to begin with.

And if not that, it's totally mysterious to me that nobody has yet suggested allowing it.

So OK, I'll do that now.

Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New AdminiScott: Allow "title" attribute of <a...> tag? (new thread)
Created as new thread #223634 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=223634|AdminiScott: Allow "title" attribute of tag?]

Stale flat and unprofitable - (Ashton) - (10)
         Take a look at the Twiki for help? - (Another Scott)
         do a search on inthane and the word hidden, copy his html -NT - (boxley)
         No, you don't need DuMass hex code; you need quotes and.... - (CRConrad)
         You can (almost) never be sure something's COMPLETELY hidden - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Ummm Yeah, there's the rub. - (Ashton)
         Thanks, but the alternating post bkg colors - (Ashton) - (4)
             You could use the "title" attribute of the <a> tag... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 It is safer that way - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Ah... You mean nobody has (said they) wanted it before now? - (CRConrad)
                 AdminiScott: Allow "title" attribute of <a...> tag? (new thread) - (CRConrad)

If ya dont want to dispense certain drugs go into construction.
44 ms